Great Podcast on terminal performance.

Gday revolting peasant
Question. Anyone actually using these on game. @fordy please?
ELD-M bullets referenced in the podcast.
How is the bullet path? Is it straight line penetration?
I get the podcast "I don't care what the bullet ends up looking like, how did it perform. What does the necropsy show for damage".
But where does it end up?

Reason for my question. Some of my old past experience with some match bullets used for hunting showed once the bullet became unstable in flesh, the bullet path went unpredictable. Way off course. Straight one time and next boomerang.

I have used and provided blood tracking dogs for years, so I got to recover game and see some "bullet failures" other may seldom/never see.

Great questions & I like how your approach is along with your history as you will have seen what some stuff that makes you go mmmm & assuming that's made you cautious on your approach & I totally understand that & well done for not accepting & questioning/ asking & I say do that to everyone myself included
Please accept my apologies in advance I will not delve deeper in this thread as there is some very very good information from the base of how a projectile works other information one needs to delve a little deeper with but I will send a pm

For those that want to know am I against eldm or any target bullet on game for that matter
No way as it does have advantages but those who can use that to their benefit are in the minority imo & need to be careful on which brand for that specific application
Yes not all frangible are equal just the same as all bonded all monos

Finding out where they fail is also a extremely important aspect of knowing the pill's strengths also imo of course or should I say our strengths 🤷‍♂️& this podcast I really like the base of this ,
Combine that with parts from fackler, rathcoombe , fbi etc & you have a extremely good idea of where pills strengths & weaknesses are then we can apply them better in the field & that's nothing to do with shot placement that's all terminal !!!!

Once again I'm sorry I'm not more specific on the eldm for others but another thread another day I'll happily delve deeper

Cheers

Well one elk tag filled with the 6 creed. Small 6pt bull, 218yds. Went 30yds and piled up. Didn't open up the body cavity, but dead is dead. Even "knocked him off his feet" on impact. I didn't get any pictures, for that I apologize.

Had a 320 6pt at 503yds through some timber, but unfortunately by the time I saw him and grabbed the gum he moved off. Didn't think twice about shooting him at that distance with my setup.

Now to do the unimaginable, kill another elk with a "mouse gun" and mAtcH boolits.

Last edited by a moderator:
What bullet are you shooting?

I'm hoping you can get some wound pics next time but I know it's a pain and I rarely end up doing it lol

Any pictures of the cow?
Unfortunately nope. Never got one. Was out yesterday but couldn't find any, the weather was awful. The wind owned me a few weeks ago. Made a terrible wind call at 544 and missed. Wind was blowing the exact opposite direction at the animal vs. where I was.

I have until Dec 31st, but I doubt I get out again.