225 ELDM Terminal Performance.

Huntnful

I chose this bullet for the season for better fragmenting at longer ranges. Well as luck would have it, I killed my animals at 100, 130 & 200 yards. Didn't recover any bullets. No animals were alive more than 10 seconds. Massive entrance wounds. Like a mini hand grenade in the vitals. Still very devastating at short range as well.

I wouldn't hesitate to continue to use this bullet.

300 NMI
MV 2950 fps

100 yards
IMG_9109.jpeg

130 yards
IMG_9436.jpeg

200 yards
IMG_9893.jpeg

yes indeed! I've used this bullet on three whitetail deer so far with the same thing to report...two animals dropped immediately (one from a spine hit admittedly) and the third wasn't alive more than 10 seconds like you say. All three gave exit wounds. Farthest was still only about 350 yards if I recall correctly. Running mine a tad slower at 2760 out of a .300 win mag, awesome bullet, and my 10 twist savage loves them: it's one of a handful of bullets I've been able to get an honest "one ragged hole" group out of

Why not? I've used both alot and I'd say Berger 230s and 225 ELDMurder are one in the same.
You're not wrong for the most part, but I've had several failures to expand with bergers at impact velocities between 2000-2300 fps.
Kinda turned me off after I couldn't find a heart shot buck that ran 1/4 mile before the coyotes got to him..

That was with 215s and 220 lrhts

You're not wrong for the most part, but I've had several failures to expand with bergers at impact velocities between 2000-2300 fps.
Kinda turned me off after I couldn't find a heart shot buck that ran 1/4 mile before the coyotes got to him..
Absolutely my money is on the eld m bullet being much more violent and reliable to upset at low impact velocity. That big plastic tip is covering a huge hollow point. Especially on the 225. I've compared it to the 208 and the plastic tip, and thus the hole it's filling, is much bigger on the 225. The 195 Sierra tmk also had an especially big plastic tip. No experience with it yet.

I killed 2 bucks at some pretty long ranges (almost 1000 yards) with the Berger 230 HT's and the wound channels were not that impressive. Which is why I wanted to try the 225 ELDM.

I also killed some bucks at medium ranges with the 230's and they were devastating with a little faster impact velocity.

I killed 2 bucks at some pretty long ranges (almost 1000 yards) with the Berger 230 HT's and the wound channels were not that impressive. Which is why I wanted to try the 225 ELDM.

I also killed some bucks at medium ranges with the 230's and they were devastating with a little faster impact velocity.
Ever tried trueing up or trimming the meplats on bergers?

Yeah I have. I have a meplat trimmer. I don't see any difference in terminal performance personally. I trim them because my OCD hates how inconsistent and ugly the tips are lol
Haha all this money in tooling and they can't send them out of the factory looking better.

I had an extreme blow up scenario last year on a bear at 200yds with the 245 bergers and trimmed meplats. Huge entrance wound and small exit. Killed the bear fast but am now just riding normal tips for a bit to compare them. At extended ranges I've noticed the trimmed meplats are devastating, exit wounds I can fit my hand in.

Based off your videos I've shown my buddy trying to persuade him to use the factory 225 prc ammo and he since has. He is really liking the terminal performance so far and has had one scenario where he was confident if he was using the 212's the deer would not have been recoverable.