Graphite Treated Barrel Test (Pics)

View attachment 436789
This stuff makes powerstroke engines run cooler, quieter, make more HP, and last longer. If it can do that for a ford, imagine what it can do for a barrel.
Most of the stuff you put in engines is petroleum based. Don't think I want to put in extra fire power in my barrel.
That first shot would probably make your rifle a flame thrower, if it doesn't blow up. lol

I ordered some of the graphite spray. I going to try it. I just spent time over 2 days getting the copper out of one of my 308 ARs with a stainless barrel and it wasn't that many rounds. Can't hurt. Took lots of patch out, accelerator and
JBs to get it clean.

The gunsmith that put a brake on my brother's 300 Win Mag Savage used Lock-Ease to put the brake on.
We took it off a couple of years later to try a suppressor to see the difference.It came right off.
My brother shot the rifle 5 times and put the brake back on with no problems.

Lock ease doesn't become a thread locker. It will patch out days later because of the oil binder and other than some particles "maybe" laying in cracks, you won't even know it's there. Invisible to my borescope after patching out a day later. Didn't noticeably improve bore fowling either.

It's a lubricant, not a surface treatment. The stuff in the bottle doesn't stick to anything by design. I saw speedy and thought I'd try it but even he says it's just to try and fill the cracks.

Your aerosol appears to be different.

I ordered some of the graphite spray. I going to try it. I just spent time over 2 days getting the copper out of one of my 308 ARs with a stainless barrel and it wasn't that many rounds. Can't hurt. Took lots of patch out, accelerator and
JBs to get it clean.
Had the same problem with a Weatherby Vanguard (Howa 1500) in 300 weatherby mag.Shot 6 rounds and spent 3 days cleaning.
First 2 days was with wipe Out.Let it sit over night and scrub scrub almost all day.I ran a cotton ball down the barrel to see if there was a rough spot and I had bits of cotton all down the barrel but did have a high spot almost center of the barrel.I bought the final finish system at David Tubbs website and that helped a bunch.No more high spot and cleaning is cut in half but I'm hoping the graphite will cut it down a bit more.
Still a copper collector.Hoping the graphite will help but we have snow on the ground and more coming so I won't be able to shoot for a couple of weeks to find out.
Edit to say I know I need to re-barrel and will do so one day.

Last edited:
This 308 WIN barrel was a copper collector. I cleaned to bare metal, light coat of CLP in bore prior to firing.
This is what it would do:
View attachment 435542

Barrel cleaned to bare metal and treated with graphite prior to firing:

View attachment 435544

Marked difference in copper collection! Here is what I used.
Sprayed thick on a patch and worked into the bore. Just let it sit caked in there for the next firing:

View attachment 435546
I thought the liquid form would be less spattery, but the liquid form never dried in the bore. So I will use aerosol.

Now I want to ty HBN.
Thanks for sharing

I am curious as to what cleaning and copper defouling products others are using and which products that you prefer. I seem to have good results with the Wipeout brand, both the Wipeout and the accelerator used as directed. Anyone have something else that they use and/or recommend that works on the copper. I have a couple of the ammonia based products but the wipeout is what I use most often, mostly due to less smell and fumes in the house.
I use Bore Tech C4 carbon remover and KG12 copper solvent. I have used the other ones, but these are by far the best I have used.

A few years ago I used to coat bullets, but stopped doing it because the graphite would get hard over time and it was almost impossible to get out of the barrel. Just asking is this the same thing?