Graphite Treated Barrel Test (Pics)

This 308 WIN barrel was a copper collector. I cleaned to bare metal, light coat of CLP in bore prior to firing.
This is what it would do:
View attachment 435542

Barrel cleaned to bare metal and treated with graphite prior to firing:

View attachment 435544

Marked difference in copper collection! Here is what I used.
Sprayed thick on a patch and worked into the bore. Just let it sit caked in there for the next firing:

View attachment 435546
I thought the liquid form would be less spattery, but the liquid form never dried in the bore. So I will use aerosol.

Now I want to ty HBN.
That is an amazing difference. So you don't worry about getting any in the chamber?

That is an amazing difference. So you don't worry about getting any in the chamber?
I wrap an oversize brush with a patch and spin it around in the chamber. So, all the graphite stays in the throat to the muzzle.
By the third time you clean and apply the graphite you will have practically no copper left at all in the bore. If there is copper, the first 2hour foam solvent treatment takes it out.

Last edited:
I use Bore Tech C4 carbon remover and KG12 copper solvent. I have used the other ones, but these are by far the best I have used.
Tech4 I have gone through 2 bottles of KG 12 and just one bottle of KG 1 Carbon Remover mostly on that 300 weatherby mag.Super rough barrel even with the final finish.KG products are good products but like you I prefer Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover.
Hopefully will re-barrel soon.

Recent Posts