Government Shutdown Possibilities

FEENIX

Got my notice earlier this week from my Wing Commander ...

Over the past few days there have been reports about the possibility of a government shutdown. As of today, Continuing Resolution (CR) was passed by Congress and awaiting the President's signature, that will take us through 11 Dec 2015. As this situation develops, we will keep you informed with the latest and greatest information. However, if something causes the CR to derail, we must be prepared.

The uncertainty of the current circumstances puts our workforce in a difficult situation, and should a government shutdown occur, it could impose hardships on many employees, their families and the people we serve every day. If a shutdown occurs, all military will continue in a normal status and all civilian partners will report for work on 1 Oct to receive orderly shutdown direction. We will do our best to support you throughout this period.

We have a large number of support agencies available to provide services if a shutdown is ordered. Those support programs include financial guidance/assistance, counseling to work through additional stressors, etc. While it is premature for us to begin pushing program specifics out, I assure you our agencies have developed assistance plans to help those in need. As I hear it -- you'll hear it.

I consider each member of our Wing "family" and our family deserves, and will have full leadership support. Please don't hesitate to ask questions.
Last time I got affected, it was boring, this time it's during hunting season. Heck, I guess I'll be afield more often this time.
tiphat.gif

Before my wife retired, she was always 'critical personnel' so she was there, at her duty statiion, no matter what.

It's all about political gamesmanship and nothing else..... (I'm really sick of that)

I read Obummer isn't going to sign it btw.....

I'm not worried. Dont affect Social Security....

I always view a federal government shutdown as a good thing. If somebody is hurt by it, then they are too dependent on federal government.

So I guess it is ok to sh-it on all Governement Employees who have to work and not get paid! Especially those who protect you!

I always view a federal government shutdown as a good thing. If somebody is hurt by it, then they are too dependent on federal government.

I am always willing and able to work for a living, it just happen to be with the government. I am not asking or dependent on any handout from the federal goverment or any employer.

BTW, this affects ALL the active military members. They still have to work during a shutdown and affected with the same budget. In short, they will work without pay until the budget us resolved.

You Sir have no clue of the implications of your view.

I am always willing and able to work for a living, it just happen to be with the government. I am not asking or dependent on any handout from the federal government or any employer.

BTW, this affects ALL the active military members. They still have to work during a shutdown and affected with the same budget. In short, they will work without pay until the budget is resolved.

You Sir have no clue of the implications of your view.

lightbulbBTW, I will never wish that to anybody, including you.lightbulb

Feenix....

The first quote in your post, that statement was made by someone who is under the impression that when it's labelled 'Government' is has to do with welfare and freebies and politics and being a government employee has noting to do with any of the above mentioned items, in fact, it goes to show that, that poster don't have the faintest idea what they are talking about and should have not commented at all.

Sometimes, it's better to keep your cake hole shut (or keep your fingers off the keyboard) and really dissect intellegently, whats being said and by whom.

Thats the problem with a publically read forum like this. You can post garbage and leave and let someone else clean up the mess.

Feenix....

The first quote in your post, that statement was made by someone who is under the impression that when it's labelled 'Government' is has to do with welfare and freebies and politics and being a government employee has noting to do with any of the above mentioned items, in fact, it goes to show that, that poster don't have the faintest idea what they are talking about and should have not commented at all.

Sometimes, it's better to keep your cake hole shut (or keep your fingers off the keyboard) and really dissect intellegently, whats being said and by whom.

Thats the problem with a publically read forum like this. You can post garbage and leave and let someone else clean up the mess.

Very sad but true!

Well Lynxpilot,
I am glad I am currently deployed preserving your "right" to free speech and the other freedoms you so enjoy.

Though the government does pay my rent, my loved ones back home in the same country you are in should not have to worry about whether they will receive the pay for the work their husband and father has done while deployed, preserving their/your freedoms abroad.

While deployed, one really gets an appreciation for the freedoms offered to Americans (maybe you should try it) that are taken for granted.

Did I mention I was deployed?

Well Lynxpilot,
I am glad I am currently deployed preserving your "right" to free speech and the other freedoms you so enjoy.

Though the government does pay my rent, my loved ones back home in the same country you are in should not have to worry about whether they will receive the pay for the work their husband and father has done while deployed, preserving their/your freedoms abroad.

While deployed, one really gets an appreciation for the freedoms offered to Americans (maybe you should try it) that are taken for granted.

Did I mention I was deployed?

Shane,

Thank you for your service to our great nation. My oldest son is also deployed.

PRAYER FOR THE DEPLOYED

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands.
Protect them as they protect the nation.
Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in this
time of need.
And after they have accomplished their tasks, bring them safely home so they
can be reunited with their loved ones.
We ask this in the name of Jesus, our lord and Savior. Amen.
God bless all out troops and their families.

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.