Our fine government at work, ALREADY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sky stained red with forest fire smoke(Caused by their Liberal thinking by the way!!!)

I love this logic. So, because the liberals try to prevent every last stick of forest from being decimated by logging they are responsible for the fires? Certainly sound logic- if there are no trees left to burn, there will not be any fires. Where will the elk hide? I guess it doesn't matter when all your hunting is done from the confines of a high fence operation but for those of us who appreciate taking a wild game animal on public land those forests are somewhat important.

I love this logic. So, because the liberals try to prevent every last stick of forest from being decimated by logging they are responsible for the fires? Certainly sound logic- if there are no trees left to burn, there will not be any fires. Where will the elk hide? I guess it doesn't matter when all your hunting is done from the confines of a high fence operation but for those of us who appreciate taking a wild game animal on public land those forests are somewhat important.

Spoken out of pure and total ignorance.

Troutslayer,

Were your comments directed toward me?

I am not referring to native Montanans or even those out of staters with common sense thinking like most of us here in Montana. I am talking about the libers that have moved into your area and are doing as much damage as good.

If they would let us go in and thin out the forests with responsible forestry not only would the forests be healthier but there would also be MUCH more feed for the wild game and it would also be DRAMATICALLY easier to fight forest fires.

Also, their liberal thinking says to let fires burn, its natural forest control. Not sure about your area but we have had no less then 6 catostrophic fires withing 50 miles of my house since 1990 and they were allowed to let burn until they got so **** big that they produced their own wind systems and got totally out of control.

They burned so hot that it looks more like the surface of the moon then what used to be world class prime mule deer and elk country. And that was 10 years ago and still no grass will grow worth a darn. They burned so **** hot that granite rock bubbled under the heat and the dirt is more like glass then dirt.

Had they jumped on these fires right away they could have control and stopped them nearly before they started, if they had also allowed responsible timber harvest over the last 50 years, there would have neen MUCH less down fall that only fuels these fires and with that amount of fuel, once they get burning they are totally out of control.

As far as your comments about high fence hunting, I only assume your comments are based only on uneducated opinion. I garantee I hunt as hard as you on public and private land for wild big game. I have killed one animal behind high fence that I could harvest in the wild here in Montana. That was a bull elk.

The reason I booked that hunt is because I had to test a new prototype bullet and a new wildcat cartridge I had designed. I could not wait to POSSIBLY get to test the bullet on wild game on public land. In this industry, you need test results and you need them NOW.

I have not nor never will say high fence hunts are the same as wild hunts. I have killed many exotic big game on high fence hunts during the off season. Why, because I can not shoot those species in the wild and its a great get away for my family during the off season as most of our hunts are booked in very late winter or early spring.

If your comments were not directed toward me specifically, please to not use my quotes as you did. If they were, I would be more then willing to compare trophy walls of wild native game anytime with whatever you have.

I have been attacked over and over for this and it has been explained over and over but there are some(Obviously you) that simply can not live without picking a fight because you think your holier then thou.

The ranch we hunted for elk, we have also hunted many times for exotic game. We know the family, they have three young kids who are great to be around. Feel like part of the family after all the trips we have taken there. I feel great giving this family a good amount of money for a great time. Again, you can not understand this obviously.

Anyway, if you would like to debate this more, feel free as your flat wrong and the more you talk the clearer it will become to the public.

I reread Troutslayers post and its becoming very obvious he got offended by the word "Liberal". Wonder why?

I suspect because he shares many of the same views they do. If he does not, he sure comes off as defending their stand on our western states and how to take care of them.

Perhaps he is upset I made some harsh comments toward Obamas administration..... Wonder why that would be????

MNHunter,

I suppose your right and for the time being, its for **** sure alright to say God Bless America!!!! Even if its offends some out there

I also fear the nut that about to be appointed to speak for you. Only one way to reverse that, out vote them next time......

I hear ya but it is hard to get fired up when neither party has my best interest at heart. Hard to get excited about voting for the lesser of two evils. What happened to the pro gun, small govt, fiscal conservatives.

MNHunter,

I suppose your right and for the time being, its for **** sure alright to say God Bless America!!!! Even if its offends some out there

I also fear the nut that about to be appointed to speak for you. Only one way to reverse that, out vote them next time......

Trout,
1st:
Go have a hunt on the Idaho side of the border this year. Specifically in the Selway, Lochsa, or Clearwater rivers. All of the logging there has been stopped and all of the elk are gone. The trees have choked out the underbrush and the habitat. Liberals don't care; lots of elk, no elk, whatever.

2nd:
The unwashed, fur-bearing Christians that fill Missoula WILL eventually get up enough momentum to prevent you from taking a wild animal on public land. But again, oh well. Maybe you can hunt free-ranging cucumbers. (But you can't have the ones in my garden...it's a high fence operation).

Is there any where we can turn.. I have joined the NRA hoping membership dues will help support our rights. I write to my senators, I just think or would like to know if there is an organization other than the NRA to help support the right of sportsmen.

This just scary, I guess I had better buy all the ammo and guns I can afford and find somewhere to hide them. Its going to be a long 4 years. I wonder if we can have a vote over. Maybe some of these people who didnt vote will come out and vote.

NOBAMA 2012

I wonder if the stickers are out yet

Figures that a lib (troutslayer) can't convey his point without becoming vile. Any time you back one up with logic or facts they get nasty.

By the way, the best hunting up here in NW MT is in the clear cuts because there is more feed in the clear cut. I can say with fair confidence that the areas that troutslayer hunts here in western MT were logged in the last hundred years. Unless he only hunts in the wilderness areas, where the hunting frankly is not as good, there has been some sort of logging in the last hundred years.

Steve

NEW PREAMBLE TO THE
CONSTITUTION

This is probably the best e-mail I've seen in a long, long time. The following has
been attributed to State Representative Mitchell Kaye from GA. This guy should
run for President one day...

"We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get
along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation
safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt-free liberty
to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time
to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny,
guilt ridden, delusional, and other liberal bed-wetters. We hold these truths to
be self evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights
and are so dim they require a Bill of NON-Rights."

ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.
ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended.. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.
ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.
ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes .
ARTICLE V: Youdo not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.
ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.
ARTICLE VII: Y ou do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.
ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful. (AMEN!)
ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the
right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are
unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who
were confused by the Bill of Rights.
ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came from! (Lastly....)
ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of
persecution The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of our heritage and history,
and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!

Was I making too much sense? I was just defending myself as I am being called a liberal. Sorry to poop in your sandbox. You may go back to stroking each other now, stroke extra hard for gunsmiths- their egos need fed several times a day.

Again- anyone who called me liberal: you can't spell assumption without ***!

And not to change the subject, but give me a break. You need to test your cartridge on caged animals? Who are you kidding? I've been reading this board for years and I don't think anyone out there believes that you just needed to go on a high fence hunt in order to test some "new" cartridge that is really just some existing one necked out to a different diameter.

Liberals cause forest fires. Good one!

Perhaps Phorwath can chime in here and let us all know how much better off we are with the Obamma administration than we would have been if Palin had been the Vice Pres. I think I remember him telling me that it was just a scare tactic from the right to keep us from voting Dem. That this kind of thing really couldn't happen.

Steve

The biggest waste of time I ever spent on this forum was announcing and defending that Sarah Palin was unqualified to serve as Vice-President, let alone President should McCain die in office. She happens to be my Governor, and I happened to know some things that others didn't. It didn't matter to most who participated in the various threads under the Politics forum. If Palin had a heartbeat and was breathing, since she was on the Republican ticket, she was God's chosen. She finally got her chance to demonstrate her qualifications in the Catie Couric interviews, and later Saturday Night Live provided some of the best entertainment I've seen in my life on TV while covering Governor Palin's campaign performance. Recently she's been in the news again, and it's becoming clearer than ever that she can't manage her own family, let alone Alaska's Government, let alone the US Government. If you wanted a Vice President that would impose Federal law to prevent an abortion, even in cases of incest or rape, then Sarah's your gal. Yeah she's popular with a section of the most conservative of the Republic Party. But those voters don't win elections - they're the pillars of stone that vote Republican over and over and over again. There were several reasons I could correctly predict that McCain and Palin didn't have a chance in h___; one of which was that Palin could never endear herself to the middle of the road, undecideds, moderates..., those voters that could go either way. The voters that in reality - determined who won this past election.

I've come to learn that ~40% of US voters will vote Democratic and support any poodle on the Democratic ticket 100% of the time.

Likewise ~40% of US voters will vote Republican time and again, no matter which peacock's (Palin's) been nominated.

It's the ~20% that are often refered to as the "undecideds" that largely determine who wins the Presidential election almost every single time.

These US voters that actually determine who wins these elections are called extremest, liberals, tree huggers, bunny huggers, and commies by the ~40% die-hard Republicans. They're called extreme right-wing conservative Christians, gun-slingers, and war-mongers by the ~40% die-hard Democrats.

If we'd like to get our share of the ~15-20% of that voting public that actually determine the outcome of these elections, you might consider any technique other than the hate and attack approach you so eagerly embrace on this forum.

First me, then Troutslayer... who's next on your list Steve? By the way... your precious Palin lost! Was I wrong about that too?

Last edited:
Was I making too much sense? I was just defending myself as I am being called a liberal. Sorry to poop in your sandbox. You may go back to stroking each other now, stroke extra hard for gunsmiths- their egos need fed several times a day.

Again- anyone who called me liberal: you can't spell assumption without ***!

And not to change the subject, but give me a break. You need to test your cartridge on caged animals? Who are you kidding? I've been reading this board for years and I don't think anyone out there believes that you just needed to go on a high fence hunt in order to test some "new" cartridge that is really just some existing one necked out to a different diameter.

Liberals cause forest fires. Good one!

I live in Bozeman. I was born and grew up on a farm/ranch in Eastern Montana. Not sure if you are a Missoulian by birth or by migration. This place has changed so much in the 14 years I have lived here my wife and I are not really all that happy here anymore. Our kids' school is becoming a freakin joke. It was a lot like home when I first got here, kind of a bigger cow town. Now, it is becoming overun with groups that want to eliminate almost all aspects of public land use with the exception of foot travel. People who move here to "be close to the mountains" but never really exploit what they have to offer. These people and groups won't rest until public land is off limits to everything but foot travel and that means no hunting as well. These people that are trying to implement more gun laws are in bed with those trying eliminate hunting and those gunning for public land closures. Look into organizations like the Sierra Club and make friends with it's members if you don't believe me. They have an underlying agenda and it seemingly has spilled over into the Forest Service as evidenced by their new "Travel Plan." Own any Patagonia clothing? Research groups that they donate to. Exclusionary groups upset me to no end because they are so selfish and very unwilling to compromise. I am not of the "burn the earth" mentality, quite the opposite actually. I just like compromise and fairness.

You may cast stones at gunsmiths and those who don't share the same ideologies as you, but they are coming for your guns and my guns just like his. Anti-gun and anti-hunting groups are not selective. They are coming for your land and my land as well as his. The big difference between he and you and I is his livelihood comes from the firearms industry and that may make the difference between food for his family or going hungry. There is undoubtedly more emotion running through his veins about issues like these than you may understand. No more guns? You and I are out a hobby. He is out of business.

That's my take on things. I'll get off of my soapbox now. :D

The biggest waste of time I ever spent on this forum was announcing and defending that Sarah Palin was unqualified to serve as Vice-President, let alone President should McCain die in office. She happens to be my Governor, and I happened to know some things that others didn't. It didn't matter to most who participated in the various threads under the Politics forum. If Palin had a heartbeat and was breathing, since she was on the Republican ticket, she was God's chosen. She finally got her chance to demonstrate her qualifications in the Catie Couric interviews, and later Saturday Night Live provided some of the best entertainment I've seen in my life on TV while covering Governor Palin's campaign performance. Recently she's been in the news again, and it's becoming clearer than ever that she can't manage her own family, let alone Alaska's Government, let alone the US Government. If you wanted a Vice President that would impose Federal law to prevent an abortion, even in cases of incest or rape, then Sarah's your gal. Yeah she's popular with a section of the most conservative of the Republic Party. But those voters don't win elections - they're the pillars of stone that vote Republican over and over and over again. There were several reasons I could correctly predict that McCain and Palin didn't have a chance in h___; one of which was that Palin could never endear herself to the middle of the road, undecideds, moderates..., those voters that could go either way. The voters that in reality - determined who won this past election.

I've come to learn that ~40% of US voters will vote Democratic and support any poodle on the Democratic ticket 100% of the time.

Likewise ~40% of US voters will vote Republican time and again, no matter which peacock's (Palin's) been nominated.

It's the ~20% that are often refered to as the "undecideds" that largely determine who wins the Presidential election almost every single time.

These US voters that actually determine who wins these elections are called extremest, liberals, tree huggers, bunny huggers, and commies by the ~40% die-hard Republicans. They're called extreme right-wing conservative Christians, gun-slingers, and war-mongers by the ~40% die-hard Democrats.

If we'd like to get our share of the ~15-20% of that voting public that actually determine the outcome of these elections, you might consider any technique other than the hate and attack approach you so eagerly embrace on this forum.

First me, then Troutslayer... who's next on your list Steve? By the way... your precious Palin lost! Was I wrong about that too?

As usual you can't stay on subject. How is the for mentioned policies better than having Palin as vice Pres? Easy question, just focus.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.