Got the EDGE built....need your help

Acloco,

I see that you built yours using the savage target action. I was hoping you could give me some incite as to how you did it. When I called savage they told me that their actions were not built for those large calibers. obviously it was done. could you give me some direction on how you did it. I am also looking to build a 338 edge. I am very interested in that action.

Acloco,

I see that you built yours using the savage target action. I was hoping you could give me some incite as to how you did it. When I called savage they told me that their actions were not built for those large calibers. obviously it was done. could you give me some direction on how you did it. I am also looking to build a 338 edge. I am very interested in that action.

It is still a single shot. Purchased a CRF (controlled round feed) Magnum bolthead from Midway. Used an aftermarket recoil lug, and did NOT use the barrel nut.

The action is thicker than Remington/etc....and stainless, so, no reason that it won't handle the pressure. I checked squareness of the action face, lapped the lugs, chambered/cut threads/added muzzle brake.

If I did it again, the only item I would change....use an LRPV action. No need for a ultra low weight trigger pull on this boomer. I nice 1.5 or 2 lb would work perfectly....as it is not like you are going to carry a 25 or heavier rifle very far.

Of note, if removing a loaded round, I do have to release the bolt.

Interesting about Savage...understand they are coming out with a 338 Lapua factory chambered rifle.

the day i finished it my buddy put over 50 rounds through it off the bench and it weighs less than 15lbs! it really isnt too bad depending on what you are used to. he said he is glad we didnt go ahead and put the brake on first. i guess he is a little tougher than me.

chuck

the day i finished it my buddy put over 50 rounds through it off the bench and it weighs less than 15lbs! it really isnt too bad depending on what you are used to. he said he is glad we didnt go ahead and put the brake on first. i guess he is a little tougher than me.

chuck

He must be a tough son of a gun!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts