Got the bug again

Thescandinavian

So I have started to look at an new project and not something ordinary.
Stumbled across an Danish krag I'm thinking of an 45-100 cartridge, but instead of an sharps I'm actually thinking to trim down a 458Lott hoping the belted cartridges will feed easier than the rimmed.
Should be lots of case capacity to play with to send off a 300grain HP interlock without pushing past 26000 PSI.

Hope to hear some thoughts, suggestions or simply someone that can talk me out of it.

I know 45-70 has been done, also the 45-90, but the COL of the original clambering tells me that 45-100 could be possible with correct seating depth.

We agree that I get the rifle for 220$ so I have delivered application to the police to be permitted to get be the new adoptive father of this gun. Now what do I do? Prepare to run it trough modifications or keep it original?

Sounds interesting, I say run it through mods!
Your an evil man. My wallet and my wife already hate you.
And it must feel like blasphemy to collectors.
Doubt I will keep it in the end, but hopefully it can be interesting enough for someone to be willing to pay enough to cover my cost.

The police department has approved my purchase and the paperwork has been shipped off to the seller.
Now all I got to do is wait.
So I guess the question now is if I'm gonna go trough with it :/

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.