Got lucky this morning ...

FEENIX

P1000217_zps42f92cba.jpg

$104.95 for 5 at our local Big R store. 5 brick limit. They opened at 0730 and entire shelf was gone by 0815.

surely we are slowly returning to "normal". small gun show yesterday, several still marked 50-75, but they were all still there when i left!

Good deal! Back in 88 I picked up a couple of Rugers (a 270 and a 7 RM) at the Big R in GF. The place has really grown since then! When I got to here Bozeman, the Big R here had no guns or ammo. A bit to liberal foir that in this town I guess :rolleyes:. Murdoch's bought them out a few years back.

Anyway, shelves are still bare here in Bob Wards and Sportsman's Warehouse as far as any 22 cal stuff goes.... no powder... saw a few boxes of (100) Win Mag Rifle primers the other day at Sportsman's.

Not bad! good to know Big R is getting more in, and at the normal price, that is usually buy my .22 ammo because they are cheapest. Bought several thousand last spring because i had the money, now i'm glad i did!
One of the new guys at the gun counter told me that awhile back .22 ammo was going to go up in price a bunch because Federal re-ups their contracts every April, which sounded like BS then and am glad to find out that it seems like it was.
Big R also has the lowest prices on Berger bullets in GF and i shop there quite a bit for reloading supplies along with stuff for the ranch. I'll keep checking in for more now that things might be calming down.

Yep, Big R's (in GF) hunting/fishing and outdoors section has expanded significantly just in the last year and giving Big Bear and Scheel's a good competition. I work at Malmstrom so it's just a quick hop for me on a lunch break or on my way home. :D

I got unlucky this morning. The local Sportsman's Wholesale had not one single pound of powder. They said a truck was coming in tonight with several hundred pounds of Alliant powders and that it would all be gone tomorrow. They can't get any other brands of powder right now. They also had no primers but some coming in on the truck and maybe 10% of a normal stock of bullets – mostly ones you wouldn't want though they did have some brass. The guy at the gun counter mentioned that Glock is 189 days of production behind on orders and they make 5,000 guns per day. Sportsmans also can't keep any scope worth a crap in stock. Interestingly the gun counter was full of rifles. Lots of Weatherby Vangards and Winchester sporters. I figure that a real rifles needs a 26" varmit contour barrel or heavier so these were of little interest to me but they were there. Pretty amazing that this is still going on.

Yep, i buy alot from them, glad they finally started to stock Berger bullets, lord knows i bent their ear enough! Now if they would only stock bulk pistol bullets i really wouldn't need to go anywhere else. Scheels is a buck or two more on bullets, but a buck or two less on powder, plus they carry bulk cast bullets.
Big Bear leaves me shaking my head every time i leave, i don't bother going there much.
Do you use the locals much (Electric City or Mitchels)? Kevin over at Electric city is an A1 guy and always cuts us a square deal, we buy alot used from him, plus he's cheaper than any of the other places in town to do FFL transfers on new guns, and we like keeping the money local. Sure do love that he keeps used reloading equipment and usually some secondhand/partial boxes of bullets and such from estates he buys. He usually has had some .22 in stock since he is a small place and it seems like nobody hits him like they wipe out the big stores. Jim at Mitchells is another top notch guy, he tought me 4-H shooting sports as a kid and i bought my carry gun from him.

What are those???? Oh yeah...It's been so long I have forgotten what they look like. My M&P22 is thirsty for a brick. Hopefully one day.

I saw them come up on Gun Genie a few weeks back, their quote was certainly less than anybody elses in town. I didn't see where they have a storefront though?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.