An intruder this morning

Some years ago before I moved to the coast from Austin TX, I had a problem with Tarantulas in my front lawn. I called the county agent and asked if there was a "natural" way to control the taratnulas. He informed me that Tarantulas were not really poisionus and that I should not fear them because they would not hurt me. I told him that if I steped on one with my bare feet while retrieving my morning paper that they would find me hanging dead from a crotch in the Mesquite tree where I had jumped.
He then said that if I got some of those centipedes they would hunt and eat the Tarantulas.
I decided I preferred the Tarantulas.

Dang....makes that hex set look kinda small.....
That's the poisoness kind isn't it?

Well..ya know what they say....
"Better you than me"....
Not really. That variety of redheaded centipede is VENOMOUS, not poisonous. Just like snakes and spiders, they are equipped with venom, not poison. There is a difference, and people will know how much smarter you are once you explain that difference to them.

The Tarantula is neither. BUT it lives in garbage dumps and such so it has a lot of bacteria living on and in it and they can cause infections, but not always. My wife put her foot in a shoe that a tarantula had earlier claimed. It latched on to her with its mandibles and it was painful, but no infection ensued. However when the venomous scorpion fell off the ceiling fan down her collar into her dress She was hollering "uncle" fast and loud..... They say liquor is quicker, but if you had seen her shuck that dress, you would not be so sure...maybe scorpions are quicker....

So how did you place that scorpion so strategically to achieve desired result? I am IMPRESSED!
Martha just had a talent for finding creatures that could inflict pain. If it was out there and could hurt you it would find her. I think it was just a matter of very limited awareness of her surroundings. But scorpions live in hot areas, like the attic and they come down into the house through holes in the ceiling like light fixtures and fans. You often see them in overhead light globes where they fall and cannot get out.

Phorwath Check the signature on 338wetherby. I love the adrenaline rush of living dangerously. I lived in Alaska for a year, Shemya, Ancorage, and the worst of all Fairbanks. I dont like being cold and will take scorpions, tarantulas, and centipedes over dead rats in the walls thawing in the spring.