Got a North Dakota tag

Thanks guys !

Congrats on the elk tag. E2 can be a tough unit. My cousin ate her tag last year. I highly suggest scouting trips, even for a cow. The elk like to hang out on private land later in the season.

I don't know anything about elk hunting at all. Been on my bucket list for years but life happens.

I am hoping to get out there early part of the season and then as much as possible. I am also hoping to get permission to hunt on some private property. It's gonna be hard to get permission since I'm on the other side of the state.

I have been very fortunate so far in that there has been a few very generous people offering to help me with information and knowledge. I am great full for all the help I can get.

I didn't know you were on here Zinsy!! Awesome!! Thanks for putting my daughters mule deer on you're Bulls and Bucks Instagram site last fall. She was so excited!!

Jayson

I don't know anything about elk hunting at all. Been on my bucket list for years but life happens.

I am hoping to get out there early part of the season and then as much as possible. I am also hoping to get permission to hunt on some private property. It's gonna be hard to get permission since I'm on the other side of the state.

I have been very fortunate so far in that there has been a few very generous people offering to help me with information and knowledge. I am great full for all the help I can get.

you definitely want to get started scouting land ASAP. Landowners are definitely more accepting of those with a cow tag, but you need to get on their list. Lots of tag holders in that unit. Good luck!

Jason

you definitely want to get started scouting land ASAP. Landowners are definitely more accepting of those with a cow tag, but you need to get on their list. Lots of tag holders in that unit. Good luck!

This is excellent advice. I called 2 landowners as soon as I found out my daughter drew. We are first on at one place and second on at the other. One rancher said he receives calls almost instantaneously once the draw results are posted.

Jason

I'm trying to get more info for landowners. If you know any I'd be more than will I get to give them a call lol. I'm gonna try and make some calls tomorrow if I can find out anything and maybe go out for a meet/greet in the next few days.

Congrats! If you live on the east side, 350$ for ranch access sounds like a good deal. I drew For E3. Cow tags in the western units aren't hard to draw, about 50% odds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.