good bullet for 308 coyote hunting

prkrgrp

my 22-250 is in the shop for 2 months,
going to pull the 308 out and do a little spring bear(berger 168 hpbt) and thought I might load up a few rounds for some coyotes, any thoughts on a bullet size, I was thinking the 110 grain with some h- 8208xrb should do the trick. anyone tried any thing else?
thanks

back when i had my 30-06 i used 110 v-max bullets and they were fantastic on dogs. Accuracy wasnt really what i wanted but they did ok around 1 1/2 moa(that rifle shot like crap anyway. glad i got rid of it). Your 308 will probably shoot them with no problems.

It is not fur friendly but the 125 Speer TNT is really accurate with 46 grs IMR 4895 and it EXPLODES on impact. Really does a job on ground hogs. If you want a more fur friendly bullet the 125 Nosler ballistic tip is really accurate with the same load. That is what I use for white tail deer.

thanks guys, I really didn't want to spend much time experimenting with bullets, and if a guy can get more than 3 dollars for a raw pelt in oregon he's hit the jackpot hahaha
after checking around there seems to be no shortage of speer bullets . I stopped using hornady v-max on the 22-250, speer it is.
thanks

if not fur friendly I would use whatever shoots good here in Ohio ther not worth much but there killing everthing from deer to peoples pets so I use what shoots good out of my 06 particularly 165 gr. Interlocs with 50grs. 4064 behind it they are in big trouble out to 500-600 there takin over out here

If ur switching to speer the 165 spbt #2034 bullet is very accurate and if reaching out there have a good bc advertised as .525 think its more round the 5s... My best load was 45gr varget

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.