Good barrel for hunting and target shooting.

huntinfool18

Im rebarreling a browning abolt and was just looking for a barrel for hunting and target shooting.i wont be in any mactch or anythingbut want the best possible acceracy. it will be chambered in 7MM STW. i cant decide what contuor, brand, twist, and so on . any help would be apprecated.

Two new companies are building some really good cut rifled barrels. Brux and Brentlein. they are formal employees of Kriegers.

They are extremely competitively priced and super fast on delivery. Ie in $240-250 range and a couple weeks.

Over on BR central you can find discussions on them or do internet search.

I would talk directly with them about what weight the finished gun should be, caliber, weight bullets etc and let them guide you.

Why pay $200 for barrel (another $150 for chambering) of questionable quality when you can have a match grade for $50-60 more?

Tim North of Broughton barrels builds one of the best button rifled barrels with his canted 5C rifling that is faster and cleans easier.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.