Going Electric

turkn8r1

OK so I've decided to go electric for stealth purposes. I belong to a lease in central Mississippi (4,000 acres spread over multiple parcels from 40 to 1,000 acres) Searched everything I could find. Quickly realized that UTV's are EXTREMELY pricey for the better ones. Another issue is in our area they have decide to start enforcing the atv/utv traffic laws on paved roads at $300 a pop. Riding on the shoulder with steep inclines and driveways and obstructions not really an option. Eureaka enter electric fat tire bike. Street legal and relatively affordable for a better one. Does anyone else use these and if so please give me the pros and cons. I have a four wheeler for game transport. Thanks.
Side note the Rut is kicking off with a vengance in our area.

interesting thing, I spoke with a local guide (friend) and he said they tried electric off road vehicles and found that they actually spook the game more than gas powered vehicles---his best bet is that the game have become accustomed to the sound of atv's/utv's etc and the sound of the electric motors spooks them as its not normal to them

We've used electric golf cart with the big mud tires and have accidentally drove right up on bedded deer and hogs...Our is not quiet, but nothing like a gas engine of any kind's Decibels.

I have a Bad Boy Buggy 4x4 electric golf car. It is amazing how close you can get to game before getting busted. Really quite and no fumes compared to gas. My brother had one. I liked it so much I bought one. We use them for coyote and hog hunting at night. We call from the cart. Coyotes will come within feet. They are heavy and won't take the heavy abuse like a gas. They are not very good in the mud or muck compared to a gas. You get about 15 miles on a charge. I love mine and would not trade. I would think that bike would be an awesome tool.

$1500 for a new set. Get an auto water set up and do not let them freeze and they will last. $200 a year for a hot set or $100 a year for a set with a range of five miles. Mine takes two sets so $1500 installed. The electrics definitely work best on flat terrain.

Last edited:
interesting thing, I spoke with a local guide (friend) and he said they tried electric off road vehicles and found that they actually spook the game more than gas powered vehicles---his best bet is that the game have become accustomed to the sound of atv's/utv's etc and the sound of the electric motors spooks them as its not normal to them
I think your "friend" was pullin your leg. Electric if not having to navigate high water or extremely rough terrain is the way to go. As another member said with electric you can literally drive up on warty game. We went electric by rules on our club and our kill ratio of mature bucks increased dramatically.
There is NO COMPARISON. We still keep one badas tractor tired 4x4 4-wheeler for down in the bad stuff retrieval but very rarely use it.

OK so I've decided to go electric for stealth purposes. I belong to a lease in central Mississippi (4,000 acres spread over multiple parcels from 40 to 1,000 acres) Searched everything I could find. Quickly realized that UTV's are EXTREMELY pricey for the better ones. Another issue is in our area they have decide to start enforcing the atv/utv traffic laws on paved roads at $300 a pop. Riding on the shoulder with steep inclines and driveways and obstructions not really an option. Eureaka enter electric fat tire bike. Street legal and relatively affordable for a better one. Does anyone else use these and if so please give me the pros and cons. I have a four wheeler for game transport. Thanks.
Side note the Rut is kicking off with a vengance in our area.
Did you end up pulling the trigger on getting an electric fat tire bike for hunting? Love to know which model you went for and what your initial thoughts are.

On the leases that i have been on the electrics just did not last very long under the rugged use and the people that used them said that they were high maintenance. I have the same problem with noise, and have a few suggestions how we approached the noise problem.

The first thing we did was to install an extra muffler in addition to the spark arrestor muffler supplied (This extra muffler was/is the straight through design for small tractors) the baffled type used up to much horsepower. we mounted them side ways (Across the back) and turned the tail pipe down behind the back tire.

With this simple modification, sound was reduced over 50% + and at normal speeds, we are able to ride up within 15 to 20 yards of deer without them knowing we are there. This set up works best on 4 cycle engines and helps on 2 cycle engines. Noise doesn't seem to be a consideration on off road vehicles but it should, so we decided to solve this ourselves.

We also limit the speed to help with other manically sounds. It may sound restrictive, but it realy isn't. It only takes one person that speeds and runs high RPMs to defeat these philosophies, so everyone must buy in to these changes for it to make a significant improvement.

It realy works because I have ridden up on other members that were surprised at how well it works and how close I got to them before they heard me. It also helped when we were scouting a new area because we could see many more animals.

Just another solution to the noise problem.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.