Go ahead poke away ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a fan of breaks since I think it helps in the prevention of recoil panic. Also, I can spot shots better since I can stay on target better.

Now, when I go to the range I always try to move to the opposite bench if someone is shooting and let them know as a courtesy that I am shooting with a brake. I have never had a problem with another shooting when communicating with them about what's to come.
You sir, are a fine human being, with good general consideration for others. Wish there were more like you. I was shooting prone and so was the other guy. Not only did I get a face full, it covered up my guns, my drink, and my range bags had to be dumped.

He was shooting a Mossberg Night Train. Very good gun for what they are. But he was bragging to his buddy about how it was full custom he had shipped in from California. "You can't get one like this, unless you are ready to spend $5k bro".

Here I fixed it for you ;)
Ok thanks, A 147-grain bullet fired out of 6.5 Creedmoor at 3000 fps is like not Artillery. The 175 mm gun fired a 147 lbs projo at 3000 fps, It had a tube life of 300 full-service rounds at that velocity. Used in Vietnam. Can change tubes on the carriage to 203 mm or 8-inch firing a 200 lbs for heavy Artillery.

Ok thanks, A 147-grain bullet fired out of 6.5 Creedmoor at 3000 fps is like not Artillery. The 175 mm gun fired a 147 lbs projo at 3000 fps, It had a tube life of 300 full-service rounds at that velocity. Used in Vietnam. Can change tubes on the carriage to 203 mm or 8-inch firing a 200 lbs for heavy Artillery.

So what you're saying is it was a poor replacement for the creedmore? Why would you go through all that hassle for an inferior cartridge? Shoot the 6.5 creedmore artillery and it does everything you need. I don't know why you keep discussing such a weak round to compare it to.

Is this Long Range Hunting or Facebook?

Facebook "etiquette" is quickly bleeding over into every aspect of life. It's disappointing to see and hear the overall lack of tact lately. I'm not sure who decided that being crass or inconsiderate was a positive trait, but it's getting to be a bit much. The concept that "telling it like it is" is a desirable quality is one thing, but that isn't the same as just being brash or lacking a social filter.

Unless I'm missing something that .30 LARA debuted about 1992 as the .300 Jarrett. Great cartridge. I had one built and it was an elk killing machine.

Facebook "etiquette" is quickly bleeding over into every aspect of life. It's disappointing to see and hear the overall lack of tact lately. I'm not sure who decided that being crass or inconsiderate was a positive trait, but it's getting to be a bit much. The concept that "telling it like it is" is a desirable quality is one thing, but that isn't the same as just being brash or lacking a social filter.
This is true but at some point u have to call a spade a spade. Some people are good at being tactful with those words but for the rest of us it's fun! I am not a nascar driver therefore u won't see me racing in Taladega! It's called know your lane and stay in it, it's pretty simple. However, there are simply to many 1/2 moa all day guys that pollute forums with unrealistic, and simply very far fetched what they consider to be facts. Many of us spend hours upon hours of range time testing things only to share that information for free, so that others don't have to!

This is true but at some point u have to call a spade a spade. Some people are good at being tactful with those words but for the rest of us it's fun! I am not a nascar driver therefore u won't see me racing in Taladega! It's called know your lane and stay in it, it's pretty simple. However, there are simply to many 1/2 moa all day guys that pollute forums with unrealistic, and simply very far fetched what they consider to be facts. Many of us spend hours upon hours of range time testing things only to share that information for free, so that others don't have to!
I watched a video with Larry Vickers at Gunsite. The Instructor was a retired Sgt. Major. He said lots of people say they have a 1/2 moa group and show a target. Then he said "no, you have a 1 moa rifle, it's just that the stars aligned and you managed to get the bullets near each other."

Ok it was something to that extent. Basically I believe he wanted to say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.