Go ahead poke away ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just got back from the range, it was hot! And to top it all off there were several talkers out there, and to top that off there were 6 stalls of mag dumpers! They would walk to line trying to talk and then right as the range was going cold and everyone is off the line waiting they would scurry back to their station and dump two mags! Another great day in the saga we all know as "Range Life".
View attachment 139684

I was stationed there from 1996-2000 but for the life of me, I cannot remember which range I used to go. All I remember is that in one of my sessions, I checked 3 rifles if they were still on. It took me less than 10 minutes, looked through my spotting scope and packed them. While waiting for the range to be clear and safe so I can retrieve my target, I was admiring the set-up of the person next to me. It was a Blaser R8 with beautiful engraving topped with a Swaro scope. He keeps shaking his head and obviously having problems. Looked through the spotter and he was all over the place. He asked me if I wanted to shoot it, I gladly obliged. :D As I was getting comfortable on the helm, I noticed 2 empty boxes of factory .30-06 ammo. I fired 3-shots and they were within 1 MOA. He took 3 more shots later on and I noticed he was flinching bad anticipating the recoil. I told him, to perhaps call it good for the day and come back another time. :cool:

I have a strong disdain for the "turdy-OT-sux" and the "boo-seventy wimpchester" :-D

That's okay I understand that. I bought this rifle as a donor for cheap money, the rings are worth $80, I paid $300 for the rifle. The rifle does look rather ugly, figured I would clean it up and see what it will do; it's in 30-06. I am recovering from a long-term surgery, so this is working out just fine for me. I pillar bedded the stock a few days ago, just bedded the rifle this afternoon, then will be installing a Timney on it (had one kicking around), add a Kickeez, then refinish the stock. For deer hunting or a good loaner loaner rifle it will work just fine for me. I've got other toys in the safe if I want to play out further. For my type of hunting I like the 180 AcuBonds out to 300+ yards. I like the older cartridges, might go with a 338-06 before the rifle is done. And if the rifle shoots good it can stay exactly the way it is.

I don't want to stir things up again but I wanted to thank Len for his no nonsense operation of this site. There are others on the internet that have great content but so much bad language.

These quotes sums up a lot of what is going on in our country. Also it has helped me grow up because I noticed the lack of good moral conduct. Despite my good raising.

I just wanted to use this opportunity to thank God for what he has done for me. Not too long I was no gentlemen and did not give much thought to anything I said. Jesus Christ changed all that. Praise God

upload_2019-6-30_16-44-3.png

Thanks

Buck

That's okay I understand that. I bought this rifle as a donor for cheap money, the rings are worth $80, I paid $300 for the rifle. The rifle does look rather ugly, figured I would clean it up and see what it will do; it's in 30-06. I am recovering from a long-term surgery, so this is working out just fine for me. I pillar bedded the stock a few days ago, just bedded the rifle this afternoon, then will be installing a Timney on it (had one kicking around), add a Kickeez, then refinish the stock. For deer hunting or a good loaner loaner rifle it will work just fine for me. I've got other toys in the safe if I want to play out further. For my type of hunting I like the 180 AcuBonds out to 300+ yards. I like the older cartridges, might go with a 338-06 before the rifle is done. And if the rifle shoots good it can stay exactly the way it is.
Sounds like a nicely done rifle sir.

I don't want to stir things up again but I wanted to thank Len for his no nonsense operation of this site. There are others on the internet that have great content but so much bad language.

These quotes sums up a lot of what is going on in our country. Also it has helped me grow up because I noticed the lack of good moral conduct. Despite my good raising.

I just wanted to use this opportunity to thank God for what he has done for me. Not too long I was no gentlemen and did not give much thought to anything I said. Jesus Christ changed all that. Praise God

View attachment 139688

Thanks

Buck

Amen brother good for you. I grew up in a Christian home and was born again when I was 14. Keep your eyes on the prize and press onward.

You should start a range etiquette thread! that would help the forum out a lot. :D
Rule #1
If you have a muzzle brake, go home, grow into a man, and return with a normal barrel. No one likes that mess blown in their face and wrecking the ears of their future children.

Rule #2
If I seen trying to "bump-fire" any firearm, a kilo of contraband will be placed in your car. When you leave, authorities will be called.

Rule #3
If your gun is shooting cloverleaf groups at 300 yards, keep it to yourself. No one likes a bragger.

Rule #4 If you look right at someone who doesn't have their ear protection on yet, and you shoot anyway, your ears will be filled with expanding foam.

Rule #5 If you come without a spotting scope, go home. No one wants to wait on you to run to the target after every shot

Rule #1
If you have a muzzle brake, go home, grow into a man, and return with a normal barrel. No one likes that mess blown in their face and wrecking the ears of their future children.

Rule #2
If I seen trying to "bump-fire" any firearm, a kilo of contraband will be placed in your car. When you leave, authorities will be called.

Rule #3
If your gun is shooting cloverleaf groups at 300 yards, keep it to yourself. No one likes a bragger.

Rule #4 If you look right at someone who doesn't have their ear protection on yet, and you shoot anyway, your ears will be filled with expanding foam.

Rule #5 If you come without a spotting scope, go home. No one wants to wait on you to run to the target after every shot
Starting new thread now! Range Pet Peeves!

Starting new thread now! Range Pet Peeves!
I'm not a fan of brakes, but I guess you picked up on that. Had a guy set up beside my at my buddys range. No warning or anything *BAM!*, I got a face full of dust and hot air. I was not happy.

I'm not a fan of brakes, but I guess you picked up on that. Had a guy set up beside my at my buddys range. No warning or anything *BAM!*, I got a face full of dust and hot air. I was not happy.

I am a fan of breaks since I think it helps in the prevention of recoil panic. Also, I can spot shots better since I can stay on target better.

Now, when I go to the range I always try to move to the opposite bench if someone is shooting and let them know as a courtesy that I am shooting with a brake. I have never had a problem with another shooting when communicating with them about what's to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.