Long range just got further away!

orkan

This beauty just showed up at my door.

DTA HTI with 50bmg and 375CT conversions. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted as to how it performs. Anyone that wants one, just give me a ring. Lead time from DTA on orders is about 6 weeks right now. I've shot these before and they are the baddest 50 around. Bar none!

I'm really excited about getting the 375CT out to distance though. DTM 375 ammo should be showing up next week.

IMG_0481z.jpg

So I took a picture, and it really is worth a thousand words. We've been selling DTA's for a few months now and this is the first HTI we've got in.

Top is a standard DTA SRS with 22" 308 conversion and YHM brake.
Middle is a Rem700 AICS with 20" 308 barrel and YHM brake.
Bottom is DTA HTI with 29" 50bmg conversion and brake.

IMG_6842.JPG

I can grab this 50 with one hand, and RUN around with it. Going through doors is a breeze. Getting into firing position is easier than any other 50 in existence. The bolt lift is kind of a bitch, but necessary to ensure positive extraction. I'm sure as its shot a bit, it will break in. Length of pull is a bit longer than I'm used to. You can see the difference in the above picture. Grip is a bit farther forward to accommodate the long rounds.

Anyone that has ever ran a big 50 and actually had to carry it around in the field and use it knows how big of a bitch it can be to haul around. This is the most portable big boomer I've ever used.

Weight as pictured with an empty magazine, bipod, mount, and optic is exactly 25lbs. Yet just like it's smaller brother the SRS, it has exceptional balance that makes it feel about 40% lighter than that. I can't wait to get some real time behind this thing. I've got a lot of load development to do for it, so I'll be sending heat for quite a while. It's nice to see a big fat squishy buttpad on this thing. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.