Glock 20 and Brown Bear

I
I've been in bear camps when more then once I've heard bow hunters say that they wished they had a handgun with them. One hunter sat in the tree stand because he'd wounded a bear and it stayed around his stand well after dark. The guide went in to get the hunter out, the bear was still there, but there were no issues and hunter and guide got out okay. I'm not commenting on the lethality of a bow, just believe that in some circumstances a handgun makes a better choice
In 1979 spent the night in a tree stand luckily it was big enough to sleep in because a bear big one came into the old apple orchard I was bow deer hunting in and he was starting eating apples all night…..crunching those apples. Carey's Flat in NC………up in the mountains . A memory that every time I here someone crunch a apple I will always remember the night I spent with a bear.
In NC you had to be 21 years old to buy a handgun otherwise I would had one I was 17 when this happen.

Last edited:
I don't recommend anything heavier than 22 pounds
The stock spring in G20 is 17 or 18 pounds.
Yes only if you plan to shoot real 10mm loads like Underwood otherwise just get a 40 cal. Changing the spring relieves the pressure on the frame of HV loads of G20 and also increase the weight a tad with stainless rod. Most factory loads like Federal have loaded the 10mm down most call them FBI loads. Hornady in the early days actually had a HV load for the 10mm, but discontinued many years ago for lower velocity loads of today.

Last edited:
Yes only if you plan to shoot real 10mm loads like Underwood otherwise just get a 40 cal. Changing the spring relieves the pressure on the frame of HV loads of G20 and also increase the weight a tad with stainless rod. Most factory loads like Federal have loaded the 10mm down most call them FBI loads. Hornady in the early days actually had a HV load for the 10mm, but discontinued many years ago for lower velocity loads of today.
I went with the #22 lbs in mine.
G20 Gen 3  10 mm 014 - Copy.JPG

What's the best recommended 22 lb spring upgrade?

Attachments

• 7FFB9AB7-885A-4F93-AA93-B9174C29B196.jpeg
    7FFB9AB7-885A-4F93-AA93-B9174C29B196.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited: