Brown bear Rifle

Gonna take each of these individually in reverse order:

I've been all over Alaska, after fishing seasons becoming a vagabond and wandering off. There seems to be various regional preferences, have come to the conclusion that there is no truly common alaska bear rifle. Coastal and West it's a ton of 338 win mags, know more that just a few guides with 375 hh. Up on the bering peninsula it was as equal a group of 30-06, 4570, 300 win and a smattering of bigger bore options. Towards interior and kennicott lots of the homesteaders had 4570. Southeast I never did see a certain specific preference, some villages it's all the same rifle as one guy buys a Hawkeye and liked it so the next year 20 bought the same... South central seems to be the land of a bit more moderation in cartridges. Probably because there are more people and less bear interactions, or hunters are focused more on other things and have a smaller chance of bear interaction.

Best I can say is "every guide used to have a 375 and every hunter used to have a 300 win". Doesn't diminish how good a partition in a 300 win is... just that variation is far more prevalent now.

Large percentage of my friend group has or does guide bear. Most have a 375, some with strong opinions but most fairly agnostic to bullet type. One fellow I know shoots exclusively swift a frames, knowing he's a cheap booger and shoots remington core lok in everything else I finally asked why a frames.... he shrugged and said one did really well on a hunt and he remarked that it was impressive. The hunter was tangentially tied to swift and happy with the hunt and bear so shipped him what amounted to a decades worth of hunting and practice round a frames. When pushed he liked most, but had a frame's so that's what he rocked.

30 cal or bigger driven at reasonable speed with most bullets available, in a platform your comfortable with... gonna be just fine. Because a professional will be standing right there next to you.
I live in interior AK
Up here it's Grizzly and Black Bear
If the range is close I carry my custom Marlin 45/70 Trapper with 350gr Speer handloads.
All my other hunting starts with 308 win and ends at 338 RUM.

If you're a NR and hunting with an outfitter - most will have minimum caliber expectations. I've taken a nice brown - but over in Russia and at relatively close range. Personally I'd say a .338 WM minimum - but as so many have said...it's all about shot placement. Caliber can be an irrelevant discussion, but if you want to use statistics and mitigate risk, the biggest caliber you can handle reasonably. When I came back from that hunt, I picked up a .416 Rigby for my next brown bear hunt.

That said, I also went light on my cape buffalo and took that with guy a .375 Ruger - so in the end it's all about placement and confidence in your weapon and load. Calibers can become a novelty.

lots of very good replies for you . let`s talk brand of Rifle the best in many big bear hunters thoughts in a 3 position safety rifle , 1st choice would be a Winchester model 70 reason anyone can field strip the bolt on a Winchester with no tools , also trigger is open and does not freeze up very easy . another easy brand rifle to use would be Ruger bolt rifle but bolt you do need tools to strip the bolt apart. yes any rifle will work but these 2 brands are more simple to use in nasty wet freezing rain/snow weather. good luck , Pete53