Glad to be back to the board!!

7Rumloader

Well I've been gone for a couple of weeks and only slipping in for a breif moment while not busy doing something.

First It was going to the mountains on vacation with the wife unit and having a pretty good time. I also got to see my first ground hog or Chuck or whatever species it was. Anyway they live in holes in the ground but looked larger than the pictures of the prarrie poodles I see posted on here so I'm guessing it was a ground hog. Didn't get a pic of em cause the wife unit had the camera full of leaf pictures and scenic stuff. I bought some extra memory cards but the critters didn't show the last day of the trip for a photo shoot.

Next we returned home and at last it was deer season but I had to work a couple of days before I could go after my first deer of the season. Got the work out of the way and me and my hunting buddy loaded up the gear and headed out to our leased land and began setting up and hunted 3 hard days with only a breif siteing of a couple does and some tree rats to pass time. No bucks yet but the season is young and so are we so we shall press on and try again next week.

I hope to have a succes report soon with pics of a nice eastern NC whitetail to share with all of the great folks here.

Good to have you back 7rumloader but to be honest, I didn't know you were gone because I've been gone for awhile too!

Anyhow, glad to hear you saw a chuck. Our yellow-bellied versions have almost all gone into hibernation now and I haven't seen one for about 8 weeks. They make a fine target don't they?!

My response is a bit like GGs. I didn't know you were gone but only because I have been out for a while as well.

Good to have you back regardless. Seems that you were as busy as we were in our humble home.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.