GL meaning? Help with a load

kpacker

Good morning everyone. I hope all are safe and well.
I purchased a gun several years ago that came with a bunch of reloaded ammo done by a company that does load work. On the recipe, there's no COAL type of measurement number but there is a GL number that they adjusted to fine tune the load. Does anyone know what that means? I can measure the coal on the other rounds but was wondering
This was written on the back of the targets used..see below
Thanks for the help

Attachments

• 20200717_100731.jpg
    20200717_100731.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 126
  • 20200717_095932.jpg
    20200717_095932.jpg
    952.2 KB · Views: 122
Reason for asking. I started to get 2" groups recently so I was considering pulling bullets and checking powder charge weights and seating depths. Before shooting, I did a thorough barrel cleaning including copper fouling which I hadn't done in years. This is a hunting rifle only do I only put 20-30 rounds down the barrel a season. I guess, could it be the cleaning I did affected my groups? I've read of the happening

The only "GL" reference I'm aware of is a ballistic coefficient model based on a flat nosed lead projectile. Think G1 or G7 numbers of more modern projectiles. However 4.01 is WAY to high for a BC number and is on the extreme long end of COAL. I would definitely take your own measurements.

The only "GL" reference I'm aware of is a ballistic coefficient model based on a flat nosed lead projectile. Think G1 or G7 numbers of more modern projectiles. However 4.01 is WAY to high for a BC number and is on the extreme long end of COAL. I would definitely take your own measurements.
Right. Exactly. That's all I could find referencing GL. I don't get it

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.