Getting the most Browning Hunter X-Bolt 30-06

GetNorth

I've got a wooden stock Browning Hunter X-Bolt in 30-06. I'm capable of shooting at or just under MOA as validated on several other rifles but have never really been able to get the xbolt to shoot better than about 1.25 MOA. What would you guys recommend to get a bit more accuracy out of the gun?

And before everyone jumps to "shoot more" I'm the first to admit admit that I'm not the best shot and am working on improving my technique. I'm looking for simple things that can supplement that work.

The gun already has a viper PST 4x16 gen 1 and a cheek riser which gets me into a good position.

Thanks gents. I've sorta been holding out on reloading because I don't see my 30-06 as my long term cartridge. Don't want to get all the dies when I know long term I'd like to be into something 7mm.

I'm definitely going to get into the reloading side in is things soon. Looking at 7 rem mag for the long term cartridge.
the 7mm Rem is a great cartridge, but for myself, I'm going to avoid the whole belted magnum thing going forward. The 7mm WSM has a nearly identical case volume, but no belt.....same as the 300 WSM

Getting the most out of your 30-06: MCarbo trigger spring, bed the action and about an inch of the barrel, free float the rest of the barrel, torque action bolts to about 40 inch lbs in the front and 30 in the rear. Then find a Hammer bullet that works for your choice of game species and anticipated distances. Do load development and then go enjoy it!