Browning x bolt western hunter 26 nosler

C2096293-D8C8-4D47-B983-98DA29A4D309.jpeg
shot this group with my 26 Nosler X-Bolt western hunter.
124gr hammer hunter
215m primer
92.5gr us869

Champ, good to know! I have a Western Hunter on order as the replacement. When you get a chance, could you share the OAL please? I'd appreciate it!

Ok. Got the gun shooting better. Thanks for all the tips and things to try. What worked for me was I lightened the screws up holding the action on to 20 inch lbs. then it shot better, but about every 4 or fifth shot I would get a flier. What I found was that the rifle was working it's way back on my rest and the fore end of the stock is able to flex just enough to screw the harmonics of the barrel. As long as keep the rest back by my mag or only slightly in front of the mag I get about an inch group with factory ammo. I have never had an issue with this before with any rifle. But it is with this one definitely a learning experience.

Thanks again for input and help everyone.

Well, I sent back my Browning Xbolt 26 Nosler and Browning got the same results as I did; 3"-5" groups. As mentioned, they offered me a different rifle they had, (Not that they had a 26 Nosler), my money back, or find one on the open market and they would pay for that. I did find a Browning Xbolt Hells Canyon, (a lesser quality rifle than what I sent in!) and ordered it from Cabelas. I did take it out and properly broke it in using factory ammo. After the break-in, it shot a nice 1/2" group at 100 yards. I'm sure I can improve on that with reloading. Long and short, it seem that the Brownings shoot or they don't. End of the day, a Browning rep stayed right with me until I was satisfied even if it meant I merely took a refund and went in another direction. I will keep the Hells Canyon at this point.

Well, I sent back my Browning Xbolt 26 Nosler and Browning got the same results as I did; 3"-5" groups. As mentioned, they offered me a different rifle they had, (Not that they had a 26 Nosler), my money back, or find one on the open market and they would pay for that. I did find a Browning Xbolt Hells Canyon, (a lesser quality rifle than what I sent in!) and ordered it from Cabelas. I did take it out and properly broke it in using factory ammo. After the break-in, it shot a nice 1/2" group at 100 yards. I'm sure I can improve on that with reloading. Long and short, it seem that the Brownings shoot or they don't. End of the day, a Browning rep stayed right with me until I was satisfied even if it meant I merely took a refund and went in another direction. I will keep the Hells Canyon at this point.

That is great that your new rifle shoots,g to hear Browning helped you out.

Just fyi though, all the hells canyon rifles have a higher MSRP than the western hunter you sent in.

Thanks 257Tony! I'm glad they stayed with me through the whole ordeal.
I believe the Western Hunter was the OP's post. Mine was actually the XBolt long range hunter stainless. Action and barrel were stainless set in a carbon fiber wrapped composite stock. I prefer stainless, but end of the day, accuracy is what matters.
Happy shooting!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts