Getting the Hang of Calling Coyotes.

Broz

Thanks "Sendero_Man" the coaching you gave me a while back is paying off. Used several of the pointers you gave me to get this ole dog. Here is the story.

Pretty much a full moon so I set up for this stand about 2:00 in the afternoon. I was calling from the bottom of this draw and hoping to pull one down from above in some heavy draws. I used the "Lightning Jack" distress on my FoxPro Fury and then waited a fewminutes and used a "Coyote Pup" distress. Then a "Dying Jack". This ole boy was coming in from above kinda behind me looking across the draw where I had the call. He even let out a "War Whoop" as he was coming in before I saw him and like to scare the bejesus out of me. But I was still able to get the NXS on him and took him at 31 yards with my Weatherby Super Varmint Master in 22-250. The 55 gr Berger flat base did the trick. I gave him the full "Glamor Shot" session, figured it was the least I could do.

Exciting stuff!! I appreciate the Help.

Jeff gun)gun)

Last edited:

jmason

Good Times there!! Gonna get started over here this weekend. Full moon coming on and snow on the ground! Congrats!!

HUAINAMACHERO

Broz,
Congrats!!!
Enjoyed the pictures, they are very nice, I liked the coyote sequence. Very nice rifle you have there.

bigngreen

Nice, they come in fast some times. We pack a little Savage 17HMR that is real handy for the screamers.

ol mike

Once you become confident with the set-up your numbers will go way up.

I fully camo all my rifles so that there are no glints of sunlight reflecting off my rifle ,after seeing deer hunters walking around with their shiny rifles i realised something had to be done.
I could spot the reflection off of some hunters rifles from 6-800yds away.
Good job of calling and keep them coming.
Mike

Last edited:

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce