Getting ready to go back to Kodiak island Alaska

To me, the moment being "right" is more important than size or score any more. For example, I'm quite picky on on mule deer having taken a number of trophies over the years (I pass 160-170" deer almost every year). I'd rather eat a tag than feel regret…but the moment being right matters more than anything else. As I reminisce about 47 years of hunting, it's the moments (setting/excitement/how I felt at the time) that I remember and cherish, not the inches. Literally my biggest concern on trophy hunts is I'll see a shooter the first part of the hunt. Go have fun and enjoy the awe inspiring Alaska wildness. If the moment is right when a 8' walks by, go for it!
Just my .02.

Twice hunting Kodiak! One of the trips of a lifetime and it is your second trip? It will be impossible to fail, by definition you have already succeeded....twice! Don't worry so much about arriving you miss the trip! Enjoy yourself and bring us some pictures back!
4B627E92-6171-45B5-BD12-36CB92C7EC54.jpeg

You've got your tags ,license,rifles ready ,reloads ready ,relax and enjoy the excitement as it builds and gets closer to go . Trust your guide, that 338/378 is enough rifle , you could possibly harvest the biggest bear of the year there , have fun,and just let it happen.Cheers,remember us with stories and pictures .🧐
Take loads of pictures to share !

My best friend shot an 8-footer back in '01. He had an upright, full body mount with habitat done. The bear was dark chocolate with red tints, absolutely beautiful. In a 30'x30' trophy room filled with everything but 4 of the Big 5 it stole the show. Another killed a 9.5 footer . It was just plain ugly. Make a decision when the time comes.