Getting ready to go back to Kodiak island Alaska

99% of the people who you show your trophy to aren't going to know the difference between an ok one and a real big one. I am more impressed by the size of your bank account than the size and of the guided kill. I guess I'm even more impressed if you can spend all that money and go home empty handed because you didn't see a big enough bear.

Well I got less than two weeks and I'll be back in Alaska again hunting Kodiak bears. My guide is still guiding for Salmon right now in the rivers on the island he says it looks good for the Bears as far as bagging one I hope so. I do have the right bullets this time. Right scope . I guess I'll see what happens see what the weatherby 338 378 Will do. If you guys were going and had the opportunity To shoot an eight footer would you shoot an eight footer. Bear . I'm just feeling bummed out from not having but one opportunities last time to shoot
There was a time when I would have been happy to go after a big bear. Those days are gone so now I just cheer on anyone who has what it takes to pursue bears as game animals. Best of luck on your efforts.

99% of the people who you show your trophy to aren't going to know the difference between an ok one and a real big one. I am more impressed by the size of your bank account than the size and of the guided kill. I guess I'm even more impressed if you can spend all that money and go home empty handed because you didn't see a big enough bear.
Lol

When I was on a Bow hunt in SA, I showed the PH,some video of a steenbok .These are little 8'' antelope.He said I can't believe you passed up that record book one.Id already shot one.I also passed a girraf and a ostrich??No regrets.The leopard I missed on a archery night shot with standard pins at 40 yrds,THAT STILL STINGS

There is something magical about the fall bear hunt on Kodiak. Nothing quite like it, hope you enjoy it immense!y! 8-footer is small, most are 9 1/2 or so, with the jumbo 10+ coming in sporadically. Seen them above the alpine, and down by the shore.

Which part of Kodiak are you hunting?

It was a bug run with the worst prices we've seen in decades. Large portions of the fleet stopped early, so tons (potentially to many, due to oxygen level issues) of fish in the rivers.

Well I got less than two weeks and I'll be back in Alaska again hunting Kodiak bears. My guide is still guiding for Salmon right now in the rivers on the island he says it looks good for the Bears as far as bagging one I hope so. I do have the right bullets this time. Right scope . I guess I'll see what happens see what the weatherby 338 378 Will do. If you guys were going and had the opportunity To shoot an eight footer would you shoot an eight footer. Bear . I'm just feeling bummed out from not having but one opportunities last time to shoot

Just talked to my guide today he said this is the most Salmon he's ever seen in the streams and rivers ever on the island that's going on right now. So now I'm excited real excited. A lot of coho In those rivers and streams right now

Attachments

• 697FF82A-ADEF-4831-BF9F-CE82238F2117.png
    697FF82A-ADEF-4831-BF9F-CE82238F2117.png
    277.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 923BDD25-3E95-47E3-81D9-20D035AFD568.jpeg
    923BDD25-3E95-47E3-81D9-20D035AFD568.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 42
I can't wait to hear the report. As for an 8 footer, tough call. Depending on the length of the hunt I think I'd pass on an 8 footer for the first half of the trip.