Getting ready for elk hunt

Hognuts

375 Cheytac vs. elk target 1150 yards

http://vid274.photobucket.com/albums/jj273/carlhognuts57/DSCF5628_zps78e8f253.mp4

Getting dope dialed in for 1450 yards, first round sailed high over the target, second round impact high left, third round impact low left with a low right hold and 2 MOA of right wind dialed. 3'x3' plate

http://vid274.photobucket.com/albums/jj273/carlhognuts57/DSCF5636_zps21dc21a2.mp4

375 Cheytac, built on a Stiller TAC 408 action, McRee Chassis, Benchmark 1.250" no contour barrel finished at 30", Jewel trigger, Ross Schuler Brake, Atlas Bi-pod, NF 8x32x56 scope with high speed turrets, zero stop, NP-R1 reticle. MOA/MOA set up with .25 MOA adjustments. 40 MOA Barrett rings on 20 MOA Stiller base, gives me about 1150 yard zero, I have enough "hold unders" in reticle to shoot everything between 100-1150 yards. Which is nice because the 8x32 doesn't have much internal adjustment, so it is good that I don't have to touch turret until I get out past 1150. Using it in conjunction with Trimble Nomad running the Cold Bore Ballistic Software, Vectronix Terrapin laser range finder and kestrel with bluetooth that will sync up with my Nomad to give current conditions to my ballistic software, so far it tracks pretty **** well. As you see in the video I had sent one round high at 1450, but once I dialed what program called for rather than what my "hard dope" was I started putting rounds on steel.

That is a mean looking stick! One of these years I'll have a beast of my own built. For now I'll plug away with my old .338 Edge.

What's the complete rifle weigh and what's your load?

You've got a small fortune in all that gear.

That is a mean looking stick! One of these years I'll have a beast of my own built. For now I'll plug away with my old .338 Edge.

What's the complete rifle weigh and what's your load?

You've got a small fortune in all that gear.

It weighs in at a beefy 26.5#'s. (The only thing that gives me any solace is that is about what the Barrett weighs with no optic). I I have carried that heavy pig all over hell's half acre in Montana and Nevada, so I know it can be done.

My load is 133 Grains of H-1000, 350 grain SMK, without looking at my cheat sheet I don't remember OAL off the top of my head, but I do remember it is .020" off the lands where it grouped best.

Yes sir, I have invested a good deal of money into this addiction that is long range shooting! I thoroughly enjoy it though and it is pretty **** rewarding and I have **** sure ****ed away money on a lot dumber ****! (Most of that I didn't regret either)!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.