1410y Cow Elk Hammered

I have hunted with guys that think anything over 300 yards is unethical. I have a 6 year old daughter that hits at 500m with my craddock precision 224 valkyrie repeatedly. I hate it when anyone rains on someone else's parade and puts their own skill limitations on someone else. That said, good on this young lady and great shot!!!

I got a call from a customer last Sunday. He was quite excited about the bullet performance on a cow that was taken at 1410y. After talking for a bit I told him that to my knowledge this was the longest kill that I was aware of with a Hammer Bullet. Then he told me that it was his 14 year old daughter that was the shooter. After a pretty long conversation it became very apparent that this young lady is a very accomplished shooter. On her own she took dry fire shots on the cow and determined that she had this shot in the bag. The conditions were perfect to pull off a great one and done as there was dead calm air that morning. The scope was set for the drop and she executed the perfect shot dropping the cow on impact. His words to me were, "She couldn't have dropped faster if she was hit in the ear.". This young lady owns the longest kill with a Hammer Bullet that we are aware of!

The rifle used for this shot is a .338 Laizure. A Cheytac parent case of his design in the .338 caliber. The rifle is running the 260g Hammer Hunter at 3380 fps with 115g N570 at low pressure. I did not get all of the atmospherics from him but they were at 1600 ft elev. I did some quick calculations and that puts the impact vel at ~1600 fps.

Here are some pics of the carcass. I am pretty sure that I have them labeled correctly. He said the exit hole is about 2" dia.

View attachment 143514
Entrance

Entrance inside

Exit inside

This is the young lady that made this incredible shot. Unfortunately they did not get a pic with the rifle that was used. There were two more cows taken that day with the same rifle at ~700y and ~800y.

Also I should mention that this is on a private land game damage hunt.

Mighty fine display of markmanship,congrats on you,and your daughter,might have to try some extreme long range one day.

Great shot. My step daughter shot a 3/4" group@100 the first three shots she ever put through a rifle (243wssm ar and it was a 3/4" rifle, I couldn't get it any better than that) Point being, she's just really good, she naturally knows what to do and didn't need to be taught many of the basics. My step son took some work, couldn't hit milk jug @ 100, he practices and now he's a great shot, but he's probably about on par with her the day she started. What do you? Some guys (and gals) just get it.

Great shot. My step daughter shot a 3/4" group@100 the first three shots she ever put through a rifle (243wssm ar and it was a 3/4" rifle, I couldn't get it any better than that) Point being, she's just really good, she naturally knows what to do and didn't need to be taught many of the basics. My step son took some work, couldn't hit milk jug @ 100, he practices and now he's a great shot, but he's probably about on par with her the day she started. What do you? Some guys (and gals) just get it.
During my years if competitive archery I figured out that shooting is a sport. It takes coordination to do it. Some people have the coordination and some don't. It doesn't matter if you are shooting a sling shot or a rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.