gerber carnivore

redstater

I shelled out $50 for the new magical gerber blood seeing light. Arrowed a doe at dusk,and was very exictied to use this new spooky light. Bottom line... it's a joke. I found that my 60 lumen surefire showed much more visable blood than my new 'csi' wonderlight. When the blood trail thinned out and I was tracking blood spot by blood spot on my hands and knees, I would find a small spot with the surefire and then try to find it with the gerber, inches from my face and often could not. Save your money, this one's a fraud.

RED

Being an old(very old) bow hunter I have tried every type
of light known to man and still use a single mantel coleman
lantern because it produces a yellow light that realy reflects off blood and covers a larger area
than a flashlight.

Most LED,s produce a bluish light that doesent reflect as
well as the lantern.

Although not as handy the lantern still works best for me.
and I cary a small spritzer bottle of hydrogen peroxide
to verify that some small spots are blood.(peroxide will
foam up when exposed to blood).

Hope this helps
J E CUSTOM

There are issues with the SF kroma... problems with the tail switch. Id hold of getting one for a while.

ill stick with my 1000+ lumen rechargeable light for half the price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
1000+ lumen rechargeable light

[/ QUOTE ]

Really!! Will you post that information?

I too would like to light up the world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

abinok:
Thanks for the info about the Surefire Kroma ....there sure
are a lot of low/high intensity and color options on this
flashlight.

Its a custom built light... Uses a 2d maglite host and NIMH batteries. Runtime with the 1150 Lumen lamp is about a half hour, with the 600 lumen lamp its just under an hour.
Theres also some longer runtime options avalable.
Ive got enough parts on hand to build 4... 2 are spoken for.
Prices are about $100 without batteries and charger, $175 or so with batts.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts