Gentleman; I'd like to introduce Alice - She's naked

Blacktail63

Just picked this up from my gunsmith! 338x28Nosler, the chamber and magazine are set up to shoot an OAL of 3.6". Built on a Win 70 CRF 300Bee from the late 90's. 26" PacNor barrel in 1 in 9 twist #2.5 profile with one of Nathan's Beast brakes. It's bedded in an older M40 type McMillan stock that I had dipped in King's Mountain Shadow. I'm going to mount a Leupold VX6 3x18 in Talley lightweight one piece rings and Picatinny/Arca swiss plate to mount Bipod and tripod. She's got a long throat to seat the heavies and give a nice running start to the 265gr ABLRs. I have several pounds each of RL26, IMR7828ssc, Magpro and Norma MRP. Quickload says will be my best choices. Load work shall commence once I get her all dressed up. She weighs in at 8.5lbs naked. I'm expecting that she will shoot a country mile. I was thinking recoil would be fierce but my smith says the brake turns her into a pussycat. (Thanks Nathan). If all goes well in load development We'll be taking our honeymoon in the first week of November hunting 350" class bulls in the Weneha unit Of Oregon. More picts to follow as I get her dressed and ready to party.

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 941
  • q1.jpg
    q1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 941
Nice, now for my ignorant question, what is different about this versus the 33 Nosler?

Case Capacity! The 28nos case is a lil longer and you can squeeze in a couple more grains of powered then with the 30 or 33 Nosler. So ppl are taking the 28 Nosler brass and neck it up to the 30-28 and 33-28 Nolser

That's one beautiful lady!! Making me ready to get mine back!

Just picked this up from my gunsmith! 338x28Nosler, the chamber and magazine are set up to shoot an OAL of 3.6". Built on a Win 70 CRF 300Bee from the late 90's. 26" PacNor barrel in 1 in 9 twist #2.5 profile with one of Nathan's Beast brakes. It's bedded in an older M40 type McMillan stock that I had dipped in King's Mountain Shadow. I'm going to mount a Leupold VX6 3x18 in Talley lightweight one piece rings and Picatinny/Arca swiss plate to mount Bipod and tripod. She's got a long throat to seat the heavies and give a nice running start to the 265gr ABLRs. I have several pounds each of RL26, IMR7828ssc, Magpro and Norma MRP. Quickload says will be my best choices. Load work shall commence once I get her all dressed up. She weighs in at 8.5lbs naked. I'm expecting that she will shoot a country mile. I was thinking recoil would be fierce but my smith says the brake turns her into a pussycat. (Thanks Nathan). If all goes well in load development We'll be taking our honeymoon in the first week of November hunting 350" class bulls in the Weneha unit Of Oregon. More picts to follow as I get her dressed and ready to party.
Nice looking rig
Enjoy lol

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts