Garmin chronograph

Just got mine today. My old Caldwell was not convenient to set up, and is pretty much worthless now.
Agreed, I got one and can't believe how uncivilized the old style, shoot thru chrony seems now. It was good to me for a long time, but the simplicity of the Garmin is very nice. Fast setup, seems accurate, and no need to write down the results, there's an app for that.

Not to hi-jack, but I know that Garmin also makes a golf ball tracker for speed, spin, etc. wondering if there would be an option to load both softwares onto one unit. The physical units are identical as far as I can tell. Just thinking out loud as I have both addictions/afflictions and wanting a unit for both!!! 😬
Thanks

Not to hi-jack, but I know that Garmin also makes a golf ball tracker for speed, spin, etc. wondering if there would be an option to load both softwares onto one unit. The physical units are identical as far as I can tell. Just thinking out loud as I have both addictions/afflictions and wanting a unit for both!!! 😬
Thanks
Thats a good question.Email Garmin and ask that.
I don't golf anymore but friends have mentioned the Garmin golf unit and asked if mine does the golf thing.
Be sure to post a response when the email you back.

I've had the Garmin for several months now. I use it at least a couple of times a week. I shoot precision airguns at the Quail Creek Airgun Club range in Green Valley, AZ. I use the Garmin to check competitors fpe in matches, to assure their airgun meets the maximum for the class they are shooting in. I can go bench to bench and in minutes determine the fpe of every gun in the match. I also us it as a diagnostic tool for airguns that are not shooting as accurately as expected. Did this for a club member recently and confirmed the velocity was all over the place. She had the gun repaired and is shooting good scores again. The Garmin is so simple to use, that I use it more than I ever did with the old style Caldwell. It is a 5 star chronograph for sure!

Thats a good question.Email Garmin and ask that.
I don't golf anymore but friends have mentioned the Garmin golf unit and asked if mine does the golf thing.
Be sure to post a response when the email you back.
I did (or at least made the attempt, not positive it went through) send them an email today. Will post when I get an answer.

I did (or at least made the attempt, not positive it went through) send them an email today. Will post when I get an answer.
It takes a while.I have a Garmin watch for heart problems and it keeps a record so sent an email and around a week later someone sent a tiny answer that he didn't know.Send to different department.They evidently have several ventures so don't get upset if it takes a while.
Personally I don't see how the Garmin Chronograph could do that as it has to remaim still in one place.
The one's I saw on t v golf what they used had a viewfinder and pushed a button for distance so I don't see how the Chronograph could do that.
I may be wrong and my wife says I'm wrong more times than im right.

My Caldwell died about a week ago, so it was a no brainer as to what I would buy. Got lucky and caught a $75 off of $500 sale at Cabelas and used $122 in Cabelas bucks. So close to $200 that didn't come out of my pocket.
Had it out 2 times and it didn't miss a shot, simple to use and set up . Fits in your pocket or range bag . I'm having a problem getting the app to display my range session, going to have to consult with my 6 year old granddaughter. I'm not to savvy with this cell phone stuff, my last phone was 2 cans and a string, so it will get it sorted out.
The price is daunting to say the least but with the old Caldwell taking a dump , it made the decision buy the Garmin , that much easier.

Not sure how many times I've used mine at this point, A LOT. I decided to try and use it in the field and stuck it my back pack. It's compact and light enough to not be a concern packing while hunting predators and then also taking the time to practice my wind call shots and positional techniques. Never thought I'd actually do that with a chronograph system but man what a game changer. Easily record data just about anytime from anywhere with very little set up and hassle.