GAP vs CCR vs McWhorter

Blkz06

Looking to have my next Custom built soon. I've narrowed it down to these 3 builders for the most part based on Customer Service, reputation, and internet searches.

I'm building a .300 WSM for use out West...so long range accuracy is a must.

McWhorter is at the upper end in price compared to the other 2, but price is not the end all be all here. GA seems to be the closest to "mass produced" while CCR seems to have all the elite parts and the attention you get from a small shop.

Any feedback would be appreciated on these 3 companies and their guns please.

Thanks!

I had a 300 WSM built by Spartan precision rifles and it is a hammer. I would give Marc a call and see what he can do. Good luck on the build.

I have a mcwhorter 338 lapua. Nice gun. Shoots their loads well. Haven't been able to get others to shoot yet. But it's a good well built gun

I know a guy who had a 7mm Rem built by McWhorter (he's on their testimonials page), and a 338 RUM built by CCR. They are very similar rifles and both shoot very well. He has no complaints about either one, and picked CCR for the 338 because they were less expensive but the components were essentially the same.

I wouldn't hesitate to use any of the three you mention.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.