Gap 6xc

Drift141

Well finally pulled the trigger on a GAP rifle. I have been looking at them for awhile now and couldn't take it anymore...

The specs are as follows:

Templar Action w/20 MOA base (Defiance Machine)
23in #6 Bartlein 5R barrel- threaded for suppressor
Badger M5 DBM
McMillan A5 with GAP cammo
Coated in OD Green Cerakote

I chose the 6XC as it is a very accurate cartridge which has been proven by David Tubb in several long range competitions. I currently have a 6.5-284 for deer, antelope, and elk. I wanted something with little less recoil while still retaining the long range accuracy. This rifle will be primarily used for coyotes and target shooting.

GAP has an awesome track record and put a 3/8s MOA guarantee. Anyone else have a GAP rifle?

Last edited:
I don't have one, but I sure look at post that have Gap in the title.

There are some great builders out there, nerve racking to absorb all the choices and make a decision. It's going to be great.

Good call on the caliber, I like seeing folks stepping back from the flame throwers on occasion.

How's their wait times?

I don't have one, but I sure look at post that have Gap in the title.

There are some great builders out there, nerve racking to absorb all the choices and make a decision. It's going to be great.

Good call on the caliber, I like seeing folks stepping back from the flame throwers on occasion.

How's their wait times?

They quoted me 10 months because it is considered a custom build. I really liked the crusader (6 month wait), but wanted the rifle to be ligher than 11.5-12lbs. So, I opted for the #6 GAP contour, which will put the rile at around 10lbs...which is perfect for me. The rifle is basically a crusader with a lighter contour barrel. I am pretty pumped to mess around with the 6XC. Should be a fun tack driver to shoot. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.