GA Precision build

Thanks for the replies. Has anyone had a gun built from GA Precision before? How was your experience?

George and Co. have an outstanding reputation for making some of the best rifles i the industry as far as custom rifles are concerned. I haven't used them personally but they're one of if not the most reputable custom rifle shop in NA. Good to see their turnaround time has dropped dramatically used to be much longer. I was going to let them do my Tempest build but the wait was so long that i opted out.

I've used LRI, SAC, APA, over the years and all have been fantastic. I'm about to try Deep South Tactical who's local to me in MS for my 7 SS.

I have had three Gap rifles two 6.5 saums and one creedmoor. All shot lights out and very well made. Another good thing about Gap rifles is the resale value if you ever have to let one go.

Anyway Ash said he is going to build me a very accurate rifle. They are at about a 3 month turn around right now. This is gonna be a long 3 months.

I find the three month turn around to be really quite acceptable. Maybe even a little worrisome. Quality shops seem to always have a wait time. I am having a 280 AI built by the former head machinist at GAP, who went independent. His wait time is over 12 months.

hint hint...... ????? ( I don't really know, but he did say some things without exactly "saying" anything. And his work has not yet shot for me. Though he's got a rising reputation around PRS parts, per a survey of who built whose gun....) Don't second guess your decision over one post from one guy. But don't sweat 3 months. That's fast.

I find the three month turn around to be really quite acceptable. Maybe even a little worrisome. Quality shops seem to always have a wait time. I am having a 280 AI built by the former head machinist at GAP, who went independent. His wait time is over 12 months.

hint hint...... ????? ( I don't really know, but he did say some things without exactly "saying" anything. And his work has not yet shot for me. Though he's got a rising reputation around PRS parts, per a survey of who built whose gun....) Don't second guess your decision over one post from one guy. But don't sweat 3 months. That's fast.
Barreled actions are one thing. Ordering a custom build full set up is another. They have a lot of components in stock. What they may not have is the stock. Even though Manners is right down the street, it doesn't speed up the process all that much. Also, those guys are a full time shop. They aren't just cutting barrels in their free time.

Ideally I would keep. 7rm @ 26" but then you add a brake its 28.5 depending the country you hunt in might not be ideal. I would not go less than 24". I agree with those recommemdations. It just gets louder and more flash especially in low light. 7rm will always be a fav of my. The ones I have owned and or shot just felt right and dropped everything I shot with it. Deer, elk, black bear, and finally the 500 lb boar; we bumped into each other in a deep bottom and scared the crap out of each of us I amfairly certain. Me for sure. I got the better end of things once I jumped down from the mesquite I ended perked in. Dropped him with a backdoor shot that exited the chest as he ran down a fence line about 150 yds. @$$ hole to pie hole I guess you could say. That one was left of the yotes and vultures. No way I was crack'n him open.

You are gonna have a fine rifle. I have heard nothing but good about GA.

I have one GA built rifle and have another in the works. They make great rifles and my TRG-S 300WM build is very accurate and perfect for it's purpose. I went with a 24" christensen barrel with the intent to suppress all the time. If you're worried about recoil reduction, hearing protection and being able to spot shots at long range, I'd recommend looking into a suppressor. Maybe longer, maybe more expensive, but they sure are worth it.

I'd go with the micro or little bastard depending on you barrel contour. 24-26"....spilt the difference at 25" I did similar with mine.

Gap built my GAP-10 6.5 and it has become my favorite rifle in my safe. Always does 1/2 or better!

I have one GA built rifle and have another in the works. They make great rifles and my TRG-S 300WM build is very accurate and perfect for it's purpose. I went with a 24" christensen barrel with the intent to suppress all the time........................

I am planning to send him my trg-22 for a rebarrel. It will be a 6mm wildcat 26" muller or bartlien gain twist 26". I know he has done trg22 42 barrels before and from what I have seen he does excellent chamber cutting.

Yes, they'll do the TRG without any trouble. I think they had my rifle for about 5mo last year. no big deal, my mcmillan was on order for 8mo so I wouldn't have been able to shoot it anyway. They are currently building me a 338Rum, it should be done here in a month or so.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.