GA Precision build. Help me decide!

I trust George and GAP when they say what works best with their rifles.

EF082129-92AE-45BE-B96E-05EAF2CA6079.jpeg
C831D048-8B82-41B8-846D-59E14E3BB782.jpeg

Every builder has their preferred barrels they use. However, that in no way means it's better than any other. It's hard to beat proof barrels when building a lite weight rig. Many say they cost to much but when u consider the cost of a blank and then having it fluted in whatever flavor u prefer that cost starts to equal out. I have had several proof CF and steel and all of them have shot. Easy choice for weight.

B213108F-3085-491F-8786-D215C7E43569.jpeg
71ECD366-D43C-4E71-876B-1554E3B2C962.jpeg

A690CDFE-5E7C-4BC3-BB96-1BA88C879CF7.jpeg
I can't help you on caliber choice but I have a GAP in 6.5CM. I don't have time to reload at the moment, but it's eaten all kinds of factory ammo with .5 MOA performance. I love it. It has a bartlien heavy Palma contour, manners stock, defiance, and trigger tech.

GAP didn't seem to big on proof when I inquired about getting a barrel spun up for my Gap-10. Said it be fine if I kept my strings of fire low and give time to cool off. That and I didn't find the 1lb of weight saving worth double the cost

I'm planing on having GA precision build a rifle soon and I can't for the life of me decide what caliber I want to go with. My heart was set on 28 nosler for some time, but now I'm trying to decide between 28 nosler and 300PRC. Another rifle maker (not gap) told me if I went with the 28 nos, they wouldn't give me an accuracy guarantee bc in their opinion there isn't any good factory ammo available. I'm not a reloader, and I'm beginning to think my options for factory 300 PRC would be less limited. The rifle will primarily be a long range hunting rifle. I would like to keep it in the 6-7.5 pound range. So far what I have in mind is
GAP Templar Hunter V2
Manners MCS-T with elite tac carbon fiber
Proof research Sendero (Gap recommended going Bartlein over proof bc of consistency) thought?
TriggerTech Primary

This will be my first custom rifle so I want to put enough thought into it that I don't wish I had done something differently.
Bartlein is a better barrel. Have a proof- carbon and my SS bartlien shots tighter and more consistent. The carbon barrel tend to hest up guicker and POI can change. Look st a 3b contur from bartlien. It will finish at 26". With a smaller barrel contour, you might find a lighter stock.
I'm planing on having GA precision build a rifle soon and I can't for the life of me decide what caliber I want to go with. My heart was set on 28 nosler for some time, but now I'm trying to decide between 28 nosler and 300PRC. Another rifle maker (not gap) told me if I went with the 28 nos, they wouldn't give me an accuracy guarantee bc in their opinion there isn't any good factory ammo available. I'm not a reloader, and I'm beginning to think my options for factory 300 PRC would be less limited. The rifle will primarily be a long range hunting rifle. I would like to keep it in the 6-7.5 pound range. So far what I have in mind is
GAP Templar Hunter V2
Manners MCS-T with elite tac carbon fiber
Proof research Sendero (Gap recommended going Bartlein over proof bc of consistency) thought?
TriggerTech Primary

This will be my first custom rifle so I want to put enough thought into it that I don't wish I had done something differently.
Bartlien is a better barrel. Have proof carbon and bartlien SS. Bartlien shoots more consistent, cost less. Look at their #3 and 3b contour .You could possibly flute the 3b to cut some weight and add rigidity. They both will finish a 26". Only taking about 1/2 lb difference in weight With a thinner contour yo may be able to find a lighter stock. A T-2 terminator muzzle brake will tame it and fit nicely

View attachment 154654 View attachment 154653

View attachment 154652 I can't help you on caliber choice but I have a GAP in 6.5CM. I don't have time to reload at the moment, but it's eaten all kinds of factory ammo with .5 MOA performance. I love it. It has a bartlien heavy Palma contour, manners stock, defiance, and trigger tech.

Dude same, I haven't found anything my Gap-10 won't shoot under 3/4....usually half or better minus the 122gr flatline loaded by copper creek.

If your not going to reload go 300 PRC. GAP will build you a great rifle. Use what they recommend for barrel. If you don't care about so much about ammo costs and load development get a 28 Nosler and have a third party do load work up for you. FYI: Ryan Pierce is the go-to guy for a 28 Nosler.

Will the manners mcs-t look odd with a Bartlein #3 contour? I'm new to this so I'm not sure which of the forends will work best with the smaller contour. Which stock would you guys recommend? I know I want something with a high enough cheek piece for a scope with a larger objective. Probably going to go with the nx8 2.5-20x50

I'm in the same position. Literally headed to KC in 2 weeks and I thought I would stop by before placing an order. I am torn between a 300 PRC in ? flavor vs an Extreme Hunter in 6.5 PRC.

Will the manners mcs-t look odd with a Bartlein #3 contour? I'm new to this so I'm not sure which of the forends will work best with the smaller contour. Which stock would you guys recommend? I know I want something with a high enough cheek piece for a scope with a larger objective. Probably going to go with the nx8 2.5-20x50

you might look at the manners EH-2. It gets your head higher for a larger objective.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.