Fusion 30-06 165gr issue with tip???

andym

So I picked up some for my new Savage. It came highly recommended. I noticed that the lead has mushroomed out of the tip on most. Somewhat noticeable and not at all uniformly. I've read quite a few reviews which are all for the most part 5 out of 5 but none mention this issue. Is this a bad lot or is it not something that effects bullet flight?

Thanks for any input,
Andy

Last edited:
So I picked up some for my new Savage. It came highly recommended. I noticed that the lead has mushroomed out of the tip on most. Somewhat noticeable and not at all uniformly. I've read quite a few reviews which are all for the most part 5 out of 5 but none mention this issue. Is this a bad lot or is it not something that effects bullet flight?

Thanks for any input,
Andy

A lot of soft points do this because the lead gets deformed from the rounds bouncing around in the boxes. This is one reason why I got away from soft points for long range shooting. Not sure if it messed with accuracy, but I like my reloads to be the best that I can make them so they perform the best and I have no possible excuses. They are definitely one of the best hunting bullet styles around for close range shooting, but for long range, the tipped bullets and hollow points are the best.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.