Full Length or Neck Only; What's Best Resizing for Accuracy?

That edited digital print replaced some red pixels with black ones in a 2 dimensional image. Different than putting red ink on paper which is 3 dimensional.

Here's a 50% blow up of the editing that was done in adding the number 9.
BBplot2.jpg

Last edited:
Guess saying why it was edited, and what all was edited, is beyond you.....
I agree. Any digital editing was done outside of my domain after I scanned then published the original RGB pixel depths where someone could change them.

Bart B,

It seems a poster thinks there's some editing. Why do you think that is?
He's ignorant about color masking percentages when digital scanning white paper coated with black toner over written with red and black ink. Never mind comparing my black ink dots color depths to the other black toner's color depths printed on an HP digital laser printer using a Canon laser beam tube. A color point spectrometer will reveal the two black color depths on that letter size white paper.

And I think he doesn't believe it's possible for me to shoot such groups with the stuff that I used that long ago. He's trying to prove I edited a digital image.

Last edited:
He's trying to prove I edited a digital image.

No.... the simple fact is: it is an overlay, proportioned any way the creator would have wanted it to appear.
Smaller rings, bigger rings, plot marks centered or not, etc., etc.. It's a fictional plot of a plot, nothing more.

Not that I don't so much believe that your ability may have been capable of shooting to that level, what I know is: the components from that era (primarily the bullets), were not capable of the accuracy claims that you make.

One things for certain, over the years your stories get longer in the retelling !.!.!
And you've been pulling the same two targets out of you holster for +25-years.

Last edited:
No.... the simple fact is Not that I don't so much believe that your ability may have been capable of shooting to that level, what I know is, the components from that era (primarily the bullets), were not capable of the accuracy claims that you make.
Did you ever shoot any of Sierra's heavy 30 caliber HPMK's sold 1000 per plain brown box with the sizing lanolin still on them? None were sold through normal retailers. They shot test groups in the zeros and ones; a third to half the size of regular retail bullets polished bright in green boxes of 100.

PSX_20180402_090106.jpg

Last edited:
I shoot 1000 yard BR and almost everyone full length sizes. Everybody I know that shoots 100 yard BR are full length sizing now too.
Shep
crap! Now I need to add a 30br to my switchbarrel setup. Thanks Alex....
you can borrow my reamer if you want one. Shep

I shoot 1000 yard BR and almost everyone full length sizes. Everybody I know that shoots 100 yard BR are full length sizing now too.
Shep
you can borrow my reamer if you want one. Shep
Thank you Sir. I have a 30br and 6br reamer I haven't even used yet. Been on the list but always get sidetracked. Squirrel! :)

He's ignorant about color masking percentages when digital scanning white paper coated with black toner over written with red and black ink. Never mind comparing my black ink dots color depths to the other black toner's color depths printed on an HP digital laser printer using a Canon laser beam tube. A color point spectrometer will reveal the two black color depths on that letter size white paper.

And I think he doesn't believe it's possible for me to shoot such groups with the stuff that I used that long ago. He's trying to prove I edited a digital image.
Group was not shot at match. He always does great shooting in practice. Bart has never put up target shot at match.

Tom H., those tiny groups I've shot were not in practice. Just testing loads with the rifle artificially supported. Artificial support ain't allowed in highpower disciplines I shot in.

Go to an NRA highpower rifle match then watch what happens to each slow fire shot hole and you may figure out why pictures of fired targets won't show group sizes in matches and practice.

Go to the NRA highpower records website then you may learn why there's none under 1 MOA at long range.

Nobody shooting highpower long range prone match aggregates has kept all shots inside 2 MOA.

Here's 40 shots at 50 yards under MOA shot in a 22 rimfire prone match. Eight 5-shot groups. Score is 400-40X.

IMG_0157.JPG

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.