full length dies or neck sizing dies

Weston

Hello, I reload, but am certainly a novice compared to most people on this site. I'm a novice to the point of never having turned necks or neck sized. I'm needing to buy dies for my new 300 win mag. I've always been intrigued with the neck sizing and now am faced with the decision as to get standard dies (with a micrometer seater) or go big and try the redding (or other bushing dies)

Lets hear the pros and cons to getting one of these expensive die sets and if it is worth it or not.

The rifle is a Tikka superlite in 300 win and I will be ecstatic if it's a 3/4 moa gun with hand loads but more than happy with 1 moa.

Thanks!

did some research on the lee, ended up getting the 4 die set, thanks for the input!

did some research on the lee, ended up getting the 4 die set, thanks for the input!

a good choice. I have only used the crimp die a couple of times, both for hunting rounds. I mostly use the collet die, only use the fl die after annealing.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.