Bushing full length or neck die?

.284me

Hello,

I'm having a 6.5-284 built and wondering wich dies to go with. I've narrowed it down to Redding with a competition seater die and a bushing sizer but I'm not sure if I should get the full length or neck bushing die. I will be hunting with it as well as target shooting. I believe it is chambered so I don't have to do any neck turning, gotta double check as I bought it as a barreled action. It has a Lilja tactical contour barrel at 27", model 70 push feed, Manners T-3, Jewel..... Can't wait!!! Thanks in advance!

You can F/L new brass, then neck size for 3 or 4 loads before you need to full size and push thre shoulder back a little. Neck sizing will improve brass life. However, if the rifle is to be used only for hunting, F/L each time to avoid hard chambering.

Redding dies are OK, but you might like the Harrels F/L bushing die. Send them 3 fired cases and $70. In a week, you will have a custom fit to your chamber die.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.