FS 7 STW PTG reamer

AZShooter

As described on PTG invoice:

7mm STW Finisher .0478 FB
1 degree 30 min throat angle
removable pilot

Used once

$125 shipped

Ok its an old post, but I'm going to try anyway...whats special about this reamers dimensions?...I'm looking to seem is I need a bit more freebore on a reamer for the longer 180 and 195 bullets..Thanks

I'm running .120" freebore and a 3.82" Wyatt's box. This works great on the 180 Berger hybrids @ .010" jump, CBTO of 3.090" and a COAL of 3.786".

On the 195, in my chamber, the BS/BT junction sits right at the case shoulder/body junction. Way too deep, in my opinion. I would have to have more freebore and maybe a 4" box to make the 195 work.

The reamer you're quoting, is obviously for lighter pills.

Thanks, I'll continue my research for appropriate freeborn reamers for the 195.

Why not just use a saami reamer like this and throat a bit longer if you need to? Most 7stw reamers will go to a 3.8" oal or more. The manson reamer used on my bbl. will just about allow proper seating depth on the 195 without engaging rifling. I haven't shot the 195 in a while so I don't have an oal for you though.

Why not just use a saami reamer like this and throat a bit longer if you need to? Most 7stw reamers will go to a 3.8" oal or more. The manson reamer used on my bbl. will just about allow proper seating depth on the 195 without engaging rifling. I haven't shot the 195 in a while so I don't have an oal for you though.
Im contemplating getting some ammo through Superior, who loads the 195s n have a reamer cut to fit..then i'll just load up to match...but your idea was my original thought..Thank U

You should remember you'll need an extended magazine box, which one will depend on your OAL. This will require some milling to fit your action. The other option is shooting single shot. You will also need a 8 twist barrel for the 195s. Let us know how it works out for you. Best of luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.