Flatbed Trailer - Tent Platform?

Not enough room for anything else on a 16' trailer.
16 ft trailer will hold a 2500lb 9.5 ft camper. Mines 15.5' long from end to end. 6-7' would hang over the front and over the truck bed leaving only 9.5' in the trailer. Quad loaded on the rear from the side is only 4-5' wide. Only uses maybe 15' of the 16' trailer deck. Definitely doable. Lots on tongue weight. Need a 3/4 truck minimum to tow it.

16 ft trailer will hold a 2500lb 9.5 ft camper. Mines 15.5' long from end to end. 6-7' would hang over the front and over the truck bed leaving only 9.5' in the trailer. Quad loaded on the rear from the side is only 4-5' wide. Only uses maybe 15' of the 16' trailer deck. Definitely doable. Lots on tongue weight. Need a 3/4 truck minimum to tow it.
Won't hold a UTV is what the original post was, but I've seen many trucks pulling the units you describe. They work great generally on larger trailers....you still need room for the deep freeze!🤣

Won't hold a UTV is what the original post was, but I've seen many trucks pulling the units you describe. They work great generally on larger trailers....you still need room for the deep freeze!🤣
Ya true no SxS. You'd need a 20' flatbed for that. Deep freezer can go in the truck bed.

Yup! That too
I have to say, mounting a camper on a flatbed trailer that way as a camp has advantages for sure. No loading/ unloading in truck bed. It can stay on the trailer permanently and makes the truck available for use better than when camper is loaded in the bed. Just hook up, load SxS or quad and go. Only time I can see where that wouldn't work is in fishing trips hauling a boat behind a PU/Camper rig

I have to say, mounting a camper on a flatbed trailer that way as a camp has advantages for sure. No loading/ unloading in truck bed. It can stay on the trailer permanently and makes the truck available for use better than when camper is loaded in the bed. Just hook up, load SxS or quad and go. Only time I can see where that wouldn't work is in fishing trips hauling a boat behind a PU/Camper rig
Have a buddy haul the boat!!!!

Have a buddy haul the boat!!!!
Usually fish alone. Not really an option. Any idea how you get an 8' flatbed under a camper ? Jack's are about 8' apart not wide enough to get a trailer under it. Almost have to have a 7' wide trailer for that set up. That pictures camper in that trailer looks like it might be 7' wide.

@ choprzrul, Exactly!
I've seen that particular combo in pics before. Yours? I think that it is KA based.

With a steel deck the deck is actively working against your insulation attempt. It's a thermal transmiter drawing the heat out of any hot spot. An inch of plywood over a steel deck wouldn't be enough for me in the really cold country some of y'all hunt in.

Get a long enough goose and you can pull the boat and it's trailer up onto the rear of the goose behind the camper.

Or, in some States can tow double with a non-Commercial Class A. Some supposedly require that the first be a goose or a 5th, others don't, and there's some dispute that any actually do.

Usually fish alone. Not really an option. Any idea how you get an 8' flatbed under a camper ? Jack's are about 8' apart not wide enough to get a trailer under it. Almost have to have a 7' wide trailer for that set up. That pictures camper in that trailer looks like it might be 7' wide.
Build a cheap base from pallets as high as the trailer and nail a sheet of plywood onto the pallets set the camper on then and winch it on with a strap. Pallets are as wide as the base. Put one more sheet on the deck to skid it on!

Build a cheap base from pallets as high as the trailer and nail a sheet of plywood onto the pallets set the camper on then and winch it on with a strap. Pallets are as wide as the base. Put one more sheet on the deck to skid it on!
So it stays on that cheap base of pallets the entire time it's being used ?

No, skipglo's offering a method to get the camper onto the trailer if the jacks won't clear the trailer fenders. Which is a fairly common problem. Some jacks can be unbolted and have a plate made to go between they and the camper that sets them further out so that they do clear the trailer's fenders.

Springbar and Kodiak tents are superior tents, and come in various sizes. Two guys can set one up in 5 minutes. Most of that is pounding stakes. If you had tie downs already set on your trailer, you could set one up in 2 minutes. They hold up to strong winds (40 mph gusts last week in my Springbar) and are completely dry inside regardless of rain, snow, and hail. Their superior canvas doesn't drip when touched when wet like the old canvas tents (and some modern wall tents). We camped in 12° weather with just a Mr. Heater. For sleeping, you want a 4" foam pad under you. I've slept comfortably on cots with 4" foam at -20°. I'd want a carpet or maybe even a carpet pad under the carpet. That cold air under the floor sucks the heat away. I was on a windy aoudad hunt (aren't they all?) two years ago in a nice nylon tipi tent. I woke up cold and looked up to see stars. The floor of the tent was still attached to the ground, but not the rest of the tent. We slept in the truck after that. Canvas Rules. The only advantage I could see in having a tent on a trailer would being able to move camp easily. Most places I hunt, it would be difficult to get a trailer into, so that's a no go for me.