Need wall tent recommendations

cruizer

Wo makes the best quality wall tent. Looking for 12x14 minimum size maybe 14x16.
I'm going with the buy once cry once attitude. Want to get one that will last my lifetime.

Any recommendations dos and donts would be appreciated

My buddy has a Cabellas 12x12. He's talking about getting another one. Light easy to set. I have a 12x12, 4' walls a little small but it's got 25 years of use. I think it's a Montana also. Look at getting a frame work also, handy.

I have two tents the TT Tent and a 12'X15' wall tent from Beckel Canvas Products in Oregon. The wall tent is over 25 years old and the only damage is where a bear tore through the door end. The TT Tent is perfect for two guys horseback. High quality stuff. Here is the link. Worth a look.

Tents | Beckel Canvas Products

I have a Davis tent and like it. I do have to admitt that it got tore up last year but the wind was over 50mph and I think a couple stakes probably worked lose in the sandy ground and let things get out of control.

Attachments

• thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 163
Montana Canvas all the way. There's always at least 2 in our elk camp.

Attachments

• Hunting 2011 014.jpg
    Hunting 2011 014.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 192
Originally Posted by kcebcj
I have two tents the TT Tent and a 12'X15' wall tent from Beckel Canvas Products in Oregon. The wall tent is over 25 years old and the only damage is where a bear tore through the door end. The TT Tent is perfect for two guys horseback. High quality stuff. Here is the link. Worth a look.

Tents | Beckel Canvas Products

Are you using the 10 x 10 or 14 x 14?

The TT Tent is the 10'x10'. I had a small (12"x12") wood stove built just for it and the 4" stove pipe nest inside (9') by a friend in Nampa who used to run a sheet metal shop. For two fellas with two pack horses it works really well and is comfortable if you want to stay in one spot for a week or so. The tent poles and stove can fit on one side of a pack horse so there is a bag and a half for all the other stuff.

Heres a 14x14 eena tt wall tent we use.. I love it nice light for horsebacking, sets up in under 10 mins.. Can sleep 4 with stove and gear.
bb4817f1d78a265c84357486466c4202.jpg

I'm a Davis guy also...have had one for 20+ years and another for 5+ years. If you take care of the tent, they will last multiple lifetimes.

Wo makes the best quality wall tent. Looking for 12x14 minimum size maybe 14x16.
I'm going with the buy once cry once attitude. Want to get one that will last my lifetime.

Any recommendations dos and donts would be appreciated

I horse pack through out the summer and help a local packer with their larger parties of people. Montana canvas is hard to beat. He's got some over 20 years old. Lots of reinforcements in the right places especially the ridge and side wall grommets. Look at their web site. I own a 12x17x 5' side wall tent with doors at both ends. No floor. Its made of Relite material and weighs 28 lb. Just as durable as canvas maybe more. @ $1200. I take along sections of indoor/outdoor light weight carpet for the floor. I sewed Velcro at the edges to put them all together. Pretty slick deal.

'