Flashlight

I like this one. Served me well

Screenshot_20220801-163016_Chrome.jpg

Of all the lights I have had over the years the Surefire have been the best. All I have had still work. I used to have a very high opinion of Streamlight until my Thunder Ranch stopped working, it was my favorite light at the time. They declined to inspect or repair it. The light bamban linked to is a great option for EDC light. I bought several of the poly/plastic body Surefire lights also so there is one in every car, they cost a good bit less and work great. If you can carry a little bigger light the ones that use an 18650 rechargeable battery are super nice. CR123 get expensive if you use the light.

Back up to a back up is not a bad idea.
All I had was 4 cheapies about 5 years ago and shot a Muley at almost dark,all lights didn't work.The only one that did work was a Streamlight slim light with old batteries that went completely dead by 10:00 pm.Then I said never again so I'm buying a good one this time.
The Streamlight will be a back up and always with fresh batteries at hunting season.
Most likely a Surefire will be my next light and I don't need a 1000 lumens,that 500 lumens will be fine.

What's your use for it? For me I like to carry a light that has a long run time. When it's cold they always last a lot shorter then advertised. I've gone to streamlight 4aa ones. For general use I'd rather have less light for a long time then lots for short time.
Aa batteries are cheap as well. I run all lithium batteries to avoid corrosion.

Tomahawk MC by First Light. Have the Red/Green combo for blood tracking as well. Top notch, compact, tough, rugged, incredibly dependable!

From the First Light web site:
Includes: Tomahawk MC Tactical Flashlight (500 Lumens, force-gray color); Two CR123 Lithium Batteries; Two Retention System Finger Loops; MOLLE-Compatible Retention Clip; User Manual; Lifetime Limited Warranty

Red/Blue: NSN – 6230-01-556-0531
Red/Green: NSN – 6230-01-612-0179

Surefire dual fuel tactical or intellibeam. I've got one of each. Picked them up a few years ago for a steal. The thing that sold me is you can run the 18650 or cr123.
Also the surefire 18650 that came with mine have a micro USB that you can hook up to a phone charger and recharge without a standalone "battery charger".
I keep the intellibeam in my EDC pack. I feel like the battery lasts longer, but I've not done any scientific tests to prove this as they seem to run forever with the 18650s.

Surefire and Streamlight have both been pretty good for me, depending on your price point. SF has poor customer service if you are not LEO, and all of their lights seem to have lots of spill for clearing rooms and lack the throw and candela power I generally want for outdoor use. If I were to buy a new handheld tomorrow I would look at Cloud Defensive or Modlite looking for that different beam pattern and better customer service.