First lite corrugate foundry pants

simmonzz

If there's a thread on these pants please post it in the comments I tried searching and came up with nothing so I figured I'd make a post asking about these new pants from FL.

Last year I was kind of in a crunch to get some waterproof pants and jacket and didn't want to spend a bunch (I know.. you get what you pay for I wished I had spent more the first time). I wore the cabelas slip over 100% waterproof bottoms and zip up top. The top aside from being noisy was fine didn't have a lot of complaints it kept me dry and worked. The pants not so much. The pants suck. They're incredibly baggy because they're designed to go over whatever you're wearing but that made the noisy pants even louder because they were constantly rubbing each other and the first piece of brush I walked thru got holes in the pants and they started leaking so they're junk now. It's definitely time to upgrade and so now I'm looking at other options. Specifically the first lite corrugate foundry's.

I have no personal experience with first lite but most people that wear their stuff seem to be big fans. These new corrugate foundry's look and sound awesome does anybody have them and if you do can you give some insight to how they fit, how warm they are, how quiet they are, if you've had any issues with them, etc?

I rifle hunt in Oregon, haven't ever hunted with a bow (I'd like to in the future just haven't yet) and deer season runs October-November and elk season is the first week of November. I usually hunt general but on private timber property and been looking for a pant that's not very warm because October can tend to still be warm in the first few weeks especially when I start my scouting in September. Mid to later October the rain usually starts I don't personally care for hunting during the downpours and I know these pants wouldn't be ideal for a downpour but I'm hoping they'll stay waterproof and not get pin holes or rip when I'm walking thru brush that's saturated. I'm also open to other brands I just wanted to get a solid color pant (preferably green) with a waterproof seat/knees and the removable knee pads seem like they'd be really nice to try and if I didn't end up liking them I could always remove them.

I have a couple pair. To be honest, I've only wore them shed hunting a few times in late spring. Temps were in the 70's. I opened the side zips and left the knee pads in just to see if they would cause my knee area to be more sweaty. I didn't notice it. They were very comfortable. I didn't notice them being noisy, but that is not something that I notice with any pants. The stitching and seams on the foundry line of pants seem incredible. Very clean, very flat. I've worn First Lite since they were created. And while their stuff isn't cheap, it is most certainly some of the best quality stuff I've ever owned. There were some not-so-great zippers on a few early jackets, but that all seems to be resolved now. I'm a western hunter, archery and rifle, and I put @ 50 days/yr of hard hunting on my stuff. I have zero complaints.

@svgreg your comments reflect those I've heard from others as well, and are the reason I just spent a large part of a recent bonus check on the FL website. It helps that they had a big sale last week! I grabbed a pair of the corrugate foundry pants, a couple of merino hoodies, couple of merino base layer pants, couple socks, a corrugate guide jacket, and a merino beanie!

I already had a puffy jacket and puffy pant set I picked up from a member on here new... I hope my experience is like the other good reviews I've seen!

I'm just patiently waiting for the corrugate foundry's to come back in stock so I can place my order. I want a pair in the conifer color

@svgreg your comments reflect those I've heard from others as well, and are the reason I just spent a large part of a recent bonus check on the FL website. It helps that they had a big sale last week! I grabbed a pair of the corrugate foundry pants, a couple of merino hoodies, couple of merino base layer pants, couple socks, a corrugate guide jacket, and a merino beanie!

I already had a puffy jacket and puffy pant set I picked up from a member on here new... I hope my experience is like the other good reviews I've seen!
Nice timing with the sale! I picked up a few things as well. Hope your enjoy your new items. I can't wait to really test those pants out this fall!

Still f-ing waiting for them to restock... called them 1.5 weeks ago and was told they had them in hand and just waiting on them to be added back to the website and still haven't seen them get restocked..

I end up wearing a piece of FL everyday. Great stuff, but dismayed they change the cut of the pieces over the years. I got a newer pair of obsidian pants and I thought they sent me women's pants. The rise in the crotch was 1.5" shorter than my old pair. FL made good and replaced with the corrugate guide pant. The athletic cut merino shirts from years ago shifted to the fat mans t shirt cut.

They're awesome as far as comfort and stretching goes however! I literally walked thru some low brush (BlackBerry) after packing out my black bear and have a ton of pilling. Some threads are pulling out which I could live with but the pilling and how worn they look from literally 2 months of wear and probably 15 days of actual hunting have worn them I'm not sure how I feel after the cost. I love the pocket placement/layout, breathability, stretchability, fit and honestly everything aside from how much they've worn after little actual field use. I can send you pics if you're really interested. I've thought about calling first lite but their warranty states "pilling, abrasion, etc" isn't cover under their warranty so I feel like I'd be complaining to deaf ears. Kinda disappointed but at the same time I love them. my buddy seems to have had much better experience with kuiu fwiw

How do they compare to the Corrugate Guide pants for thickness? I have a pair of guide pants and they are so flippen thin I can't sit any place without feeling every blade of grass. Riding the horse every stitch and feature on the saddle feels like sitting on a stick. Fricking crawling is worse than a bike wreck on pavement. I like them and hate them more so I end up wearing my Catalyst Softshell's just for the extra padding and live with the extra heat.

Ok, thanks! I don't believe pictures will be necessary but I appreciate it. I've got everything over the years from First Lite I just need pants now, and with this elk hunt coming up it looks like some snow and low temps so I'm trying to pick a good pant for that.

How do they compare to the Corrugate Guide pants for thickness? I have a pair of guide pants and they are so flippen thin I can't sit any place without feeling every blade of grass. Riding the horse every stitch and feature on the saddle feels like sitting on a stick. Fricking crawling is worse than a bike wreck on pavement. I like them and hate them more so I end up wearing my Catalyst Softshell's just for the extra padding and live with the extra heat.
This (corrugate foundry) is my first and only first lite piece of clothing so I won't talk about anything else without experience. I can't give any opinion without atleast seeing them.