First Lite & Kuiu Clothes

DoneNOut

Hot weather hunter here:

I've been an FL fan since 2017. However they are a crap shoot for fitment anymore. Even within the same item line.
Obsidian pants 2017-20 were good to go. The last pair I swore they sent me women's pants. The rise in the crotch and tightness around the the seat. Nope. They were men's pants, but they had to go back. Rep on phone said to buy the Corrugate Guide pants for a regular guys fit pants. He was right. Welp, last pair of same size I've worn 5 years came in like skinny jeans.

FL SS shirts. The FL Aerowool Minaret shirt is the very best one could buy for a SS hunt shirt. Still a lot of merino wool in it to keep odors down too. The athletic cut of the shirts could hide a few portly pounds on a guy too. DISCONTUNUED. Now FL has SS Aerowool 150 Wick that are sloppy cut and hot in the hot weather. Stupid. Walmart cotton shirt fit. SAD

So, gonna give KUIU a shot. Ultra Merino 120 line. I have a beanie of theirs from 2017 that is still going strong. I think it is the 145 beanie. KUIU merino is a little scratchy (ier) feeling, but dries like a champ.

OK, yup.

PS: Angry both these companies going away from the merino base they initially claimed was the best and then going into 100% poly, spandex blends? YUK

There are still plenty of merino options out there. I still have a boat load of First Lite base layers and until they wear out I won't replace them. I too am moving away from FL as they didn't stand by their junk like they should have, that's another story though, I won't be buying any more of their junk. Stone Glacier makes some good merino so does Sitka, if you're looking to get into some new merino, I'm really not sure about the fit though, everyone is different. Those are the two that I'm moving towards the direction of. I already have a bunch of money spend on SG stuff too.