Flash hider adapter accuracy issues??

FNA3G

LRH Sponsor
Current setup:
DPMS AR10 with criterion hybrid 20" m110 contour barrel
geissele trigger
Leupold mk5 3.6-18x44

Rugged surge 7.62 with flash hider adapter and muzzlebrake adapter (and for testing a stand alone custom brake)

I am seeing an accuracy difference when running the flash hider vs muzzlebrake adpater from surge, is this anything others have seen with flash hider type adapters? Also i did check the flash hider in the lathe today for any obvious concentricity issues to rule out that and any other obvious manufacturing issues.

I have ran across this issue a few times but tonight i set out to do a more side by side comparison. I tested the rifle with a standard custom muzzlebrake then the rugged brake adapter with suppressor, then the rugged flashhider adapter with suppressor, then back to the rugged brake adapter and suppressor.

See the attached images for comparison. I didnt fire another group with the flashhider adapter and suppressor only because i have been seeing this kind of grouping consistently with it on other outings and i didnt feel i needed more confirmation on that, seeing as thats why i did this test.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 58
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 51
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.