First run with the CZ 17 Hornet.

Ohlongarm

Benched at 100 yards , all I had was American eagle 20 grain v-max, this is an eight shot group, I think I can do better, will have to try Hornady, and Winchester if I can find any. Probably won't miss any varmints, about 1/2 inch give or take a hair. CZ 527 American sporter. Pillar bedded by Kelblys , and free floated. The scope is a Vortex Crossfire 2 6x18x44 with a floating illuminated dot in the center with crosshairs converging towards it but not touching., V-Brite. Works well for varmints. Got to work on that vertical stringing, had a new rest out that I've only used once, I may have had the front end of barrel too far forward. We'll figure it out.

Attachments

• 17h.jpg
    17h.jpg
    629.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Looks like it is working well for you, I'm the guy you bought it from good luck with it
And I thank you again, I put $100 in it for the bedding, scope mount picatinny, $119, Rings $80 good to go no complaints. Monday, I hope to whack a Gh, or coyote, gonna call early am, and gh, if I can see them later on, crops are high, might have to hit a hayfield.

That is about as good as I could get mine to shoot. I spent a lot of time trying for better. The gain I got was not worth the time and effort.
I switched up to 17 FB, cut the Hornets groups in half right out of the gate. Cut that down a good bit with a little tinkering.

That is about as good as I could get mine to shoot. I spent a lot of time trying for better. The gain I got was not worth the time and effort.
I switched up to 17 FB, cut the Hornets groups in half right out of the gate. Cut that down a good bit with a little tinkering.
I'm sticking with the hornet, I had a new rest and remember doing some things that could attribute to this group. Still I won't miss a varmint out at the limitations of the cartridge, the FB is too loud for two of my hotspots. And ammunition is non existent, even more so than the 17 hornet. If I need more horsepower the 204 comes calling, nevertheless the FB is a good round. If all else fails Kelblys will make me a match barrel. A penny covers that group, so not all is lost.

If you crunch the number the 17fb is barely ahead of the 17 hornet at 300 yards, really not much to get excited about. It a matter of preference mostly. 17 fb ammo is as high as $3 a round., and that's if you can find it , 17 hornet is between $130 and $165 a round if you can find it.