17 hornet vs 204 ruger

Canhunter35 can you get Weihrauch rifles in Canada? They make a couple of BA rifles in 17 Hornet. I have one in 22LR and another in 22 Hornet with double set trigger. The Hornet shoots .5 MOA 5 shot groups at 100m with handloads and the 22 LR isn't far behind. Just another option perhaps.

Canhunter35 can you get Weihrauch rifles in Canada? They make a couple of BA rifles in 17 Hornet. I have one in 22LR and another in 22 Hornet with double set trigger. The Hornet shoots .5 MOA 5 shot groups at 100m with handloads and the 22 LR isn't far behind. Just another option perhaps.
I'm only finding airgun dealers. I've never seen a Weihrauch before, I'll have to do a little more searching see if their rifles pop up somewhere

Maybe one of the air gun dealers could tell you who the importer is or if they are available.
This is my 22 Hornet but they also have a more classic rifle called the HW 66 Production.
20180324_175854.jpg

Thanks! Not too bad for a rifle that only cost NZ$1300 (about CA$1125) new about a year ago. I think they are real good value for money, all steel action, 23" barrel that are made by Walther.

B23, that's a beautiful rig! I restocked my Ruger but kept the barrel as is and shoot it suppressed as well. Thinking about your rig as a second.....dang! really ? I need another rifle like I need ...anyways. The beauty of the 17 WSM is its a rimfire! Don't have to reload! Accurate! It has taken a ton o prairie dogs and is my fav in S.D. I've also taken groundhogs here in Va. and at fairly close range, it is nasty! My shooting here is around barns, so I want them DRT so they don't go back under the barn to expire and stink up the place. Can't find one in a field anymore, yotes take them there. Bummer.

Not to hijack, but it's hard to compare a 17 hmr to a 204r. A closer comparison is 204 r to 20 vt. Near same performance, splat factor, with half the powder, half the recoil, and all the enjoyment of seeing the two hair the bullet goes between, as he leaves your scope picture going vertices. Plus, it takes a lot longer to heat the barrel.

Yes, the VT is magical. I shoot 32-grain V-Max in my 204 with 28 gr. of powder. My buddy shoots them with 18 gr. of powder and gets almost the same velocity.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.