First of the Snake Guns-Sidewinder

BountyHunter

Here are a couple pics of the Sidewinder (first of three snake guns)

It is a 1k BR Light Gun for 1000 Yard competition.

Snipers Hide buy Predator action
30" Hart fluted in 300 WSM with .338 Neck
Bruce Baers "Sidewinder" stock that has the action offset to the left to reduce torque in the bags in his blue black stock.

Has his "Sidewinder" emblem lasered into the left side and a SF crest on the right butt.

Joel Russo did the finish.

12-42 NF on top

BH

Snake stock for the #2 gun (300 RUM) will be shipped back this week.

Gun #3 (#338 AI) is about 3-4 weeks away from being picked up from Custom Gunsmithing in Boyce VA and then that stock goes off to be dipped.

clik on pics to enlarge for better view.

i remember last year listening to guys argue with him that he had the stock offset to the wrong side. i asked Bruce what he'd do if he had a switch barrel and the twists were different directions. he said you'd shoot one of them backwards!

Bounty,

I have a laser here at the shop and make it a habit of removing the "soot" as we call it after it has been engraved. Most of the time a damp cloth wil take it off. However if it has had the finish applied you'll have to use a little 220 grit on it and that baby will pop right out and have a nice clean look. Just a suggestion, really like the graphic. One of these days I'll have to pop a stock in here and see what I can do. Hmm maybe I can expand the laser business a little.

Jody

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts