The First Step...

Quintus

MN North of the Cities, but South of Up North
The first step, is ADMITTING you have a Problem. So last Sunday I made the trip up to the gun shop. I had collected and preserved duck wings from several species for the 4H group for a duck ID class they were starting. While there I figured I would start my search for a new backwoods pack pistol and maybe get lucky and find an NXS 2.5-10x42 in MOA. Really just looking to pass the day inside, out of the zero degree weather telling duck huntin stories and working on the 4H program. So I get there and my buddy Danno that works there is pretty busy. He takes the wings gives me the key to the pistol cabinets and says he will find me when he's caught up. After handling all the pistols that interested me and perusing the optics (no luck on the Nightforce) Danno catches back up with me. I asked him to see what he could do for me on ordering a Sig 220 Legion in 10mm. While he is looking it up I decide to wonder through the shotguns and it happens. The same way it always seems to happen. I am drawn directly to, in this case, a Benelli Ultralight 20ga. with ridiculous wood, 24" barrel and for some reason it's $300 cheaper than I have ever seen one. After verifying it was new, priced correctly, and complete I says "better grab me a form" and the deal is done. What started out as delivering duck wings ended with me driving home 2 hours later with a new shotgun and a case of Kent Upland FastSteel. I was happy as a lark. It didn't even occur to me until after I had cleaned it up and headed for the safe, that I already have a couple 20s in the safe that rarely get pulled out and used. Then as I went to put the ammo away it hit me like a long island hangover...9 cases of 20 gauge shells. Not trap loads. Meat Eater Bismuth, Golden Pheasant, Black Cloud, Fast Steel, Drylock steel, Super X lead for crying out loud! Suddenly I realized I was justifying all this to myself as I looked at my stash with a sly subconscious grin and I knew... I have a problem. Hello, my name is Dan. I haven't bought a firearm or ammunition in 4 days. Thank you for listening.

I am moving to a new home, and I did not want to move all my factory ammo, so I put it out on a fire sale. So far over $6600 in cash has been handed over as I watched shotgun and pistol ammo leave with their new owners. I still have more than I will ever shoot, but it was much easier moving a fist full of cash, than over 100 cases of ammo.

I am moving to a new home, and I did not want to move all my factory ammo, so I put it out on a fire sale. So far over $6600 in cash has been handed over as I watched shotgun and pistol ammo leave with their new owners. I still have more than I will ever shoot, but it was much easier moving a fist full of cash, than over 100 cases of ammo.
You may be our poster child!

Don't short yourself ……you may be needing some soon! Soon is a relative term…..may be next week, maybe a few years! memtb

Sounds like a serious step in your re-hab, letting go of all that ammo. Be aware, you now have the bankroll for a very severe relapse!